Heater Box Plumbing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LCer's,

I re installed my heater box and for the life of me, I don't recall the plumbing. I have one copper pipe with 2 90 degree bends that goes to the out towards the engine bay front. Coming out of the heater box itself, this is what I see (Heater Box 1). Do the heater hose run directly from the box to the engine? Advice to all re-builders: if you touch it, snap a photo.

If anyone can post a photo of their heater box plumbing from within the cab and in the Engine bay, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Boaf

Heaterbox 1.jpg

Heaterbox Engine bay.jpg

Heaterbox S Pipe.jpg

So this is gratefully helpful. I have the valve that "manually changes" the heater control been meaning to install . My inside piping was not in line with what you have. If there are more photos, I would appreciate it. But it looks like I need some hard tubing.

Boaf

Here are some shots of the hard lines. The ones with the "T" without the insulation on them go through the firewall - the curved one connects to the valve you mentioned you have. The short part of the "T" faces down and connects to the long pipes that feed the rear heater. There is a short rubber hose connecting them - you can barely see it in my photo above where the hose clamps are. There is a little seam just below the cover. If you don't have the rear heater I've seen people just cap it off. I think for the earlier models without a rear heater there are no little downward facing stubs.

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1434220306-488210-jpg.1091919

Well now I know I did not have these so the next question is where to get them...SOR? Part number? Sheit!

Thanks!

Boaf

Yeah, when those pipes come out it seems so obvious that you should have no problem reassembling them properly.....Until attempting to install a few months later and you can't believe you didn't take picks or document position.

Check Classic Cruisers in Salida Colorado, I've called them for some used parts and they seem reasonable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom