heater blower connection problem

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by fj40ec, Aug 25, 2006.

1. fj40ec

fj40ec

The heater blowerdoes not work on my FJ40, The problem is I think with the resistor, everytime I connect it it blows my fuse, What could be the problem, I attach the image of the current status of the heater.

[​IMG]
    Checked the resistence value, and says 0 ohms, whats the right resistance, should I only change the resistence and which cable should I connect to bypass the resistence and where only for checking if the heater motor is working.

2. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You need a 1 Ohm 50 Watt resistor. One sources is Allied Electronics. Ohmite Part# L50J1RO. Your fan should still run at high speed even if the resistor is bad. Make sure the fan turns by hand then unplug the connector from the motor and apply +12V and ground to it with test leads, it should run at high speed. If it doesn't run then you have a bad motor or possibly just bad brushes. Check the link for a heater refurbishment: http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/9A.htm

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.