Headlamps anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if this is flameworthy or not...having read all the posts, and seen that this trended toward regular flashlight...

Went to the local Army/Navy surplus store...picked up some winter storm goodies for the truckster. Asked about LED flashlights, and the guy raved about Surefire. Gave me a 100 page catalog of their goods... They have incandescent and LED flashlights. Varied from shortest at 3.75" and longest just over 7".

So, all seeing, all knowing individuals...are these any good? Recommendations for a specific model?

Thanks for being a great resource, everybody!

Truckasaurus said:
So, all seeing, all knowing individuals...are these [Surefire] any good? Recommendations for a specific model?

I carry a Surefire Elite 1A (i think) in the glove box of the Cruiser. It's not an LED but it is a very nicely built torch and quite bright.

-B-

Another vote for Petzl Tikka Plus.

703011_9996Lrg.jpg

1. Yep, they work great. Get one.

2. Get an LED model.

3. Try the the on/off switch before you buy. Some are nearly impossible to manipulate.

Threadjackasaurus said:
I don't know if this is flameworthy or not...having read all the posts, and seen that this trended toward regular flashlight...
Yes... Surefires are indeed the bomb. I'd pass on the G2 and the E1 though. The G2 doesn't do the rest of the SF line justice, and the E1 is not enough light for the $; an E2 isn't much bigger, but far more powerful.

Threadjack responds:

Thank you...

Best thing since the invention of sliced raisin bread!

My 1st one was(is) a Black Diamond Moonlight (4 regular LED's).
Bought it on impulse on sale at REI. I think the model has been replaced now. Liked it so much I bought everyone in the family there own Petzl Tikka Plus for trips, camping, etc.

It's more practical than any other "trouble light" I've used. The worse the conditions, the better it works, compared to anything else. I had it on under a raincoat hood, in the rain, in the dark, working on the car. It put enough light right where I needed it, wherever I happened to look.

Now if the kids want a light in the car at night it doesn't bother me driving.

Headlamps:

Black Diamond Soliras... is the King of Headlamps in my books. Approx $149.95 US. Been using mine for a year and a half in remote locations and horrendus weather and love it.

Flashlights:

SureFire flashlights, period. Awesome. I have a few of them and they are amazing. ie. A2 Aviator

http://www.surefire.com

:D
Solaris Headlamp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom