Head Gasket Leak? 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, brand new member here. So long story short, I removed my exhaust manifolds today, and by the driver’s side manifold near the front, I found some dried coolant. I posted this picture to the 100 Series Facebook group, and several people said my head gaskets are leaking. Very frustraiting if that is the case, because I just had my timing belt and water pump replaced; I have no idea how much it’s going to cost me to replace the head gasket if it is leaking. What do you guys think?

0113DD7F-4A6B-4571-98D4-E183AAA1EB83.jpeg

Tough to tell from that photo whether it’s coolant or not (poor resolution). Most HG failures on the 2uz are also typically visible on inner side by intake manifold, not outer side. Any symptoms of HG failure (e.g., overheating, misfires, foamy oil, oily coolant, etc)?

No overheating, no milky coolant or oil, no white smoke from exhaust.
To be honest, despite the poor quality of photo, it doesn’t look like coolant to me. Dried Toyota coolant typically turns whitish pink. If no other symptoms of HG failure, I’d do compression and leak down checks just to be on the safe side, but run it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom