Hazard Light Switch Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody on the forum repair/rebuild hazard light switches? Mine does some weird things with the blinkers. Works, doesn't work, wiggle and the blinkers don't work. Wiggle again the blinkers work. Trying to avoid buying a new one. Thanks, Ben.

Does anybody on the forum repair/rebuild hazard light switches? Mine does some weird things with the blinkers. Works, doesn't work, wiggle and the blinkers don't work. Wiggle again the blinkers work. Trying to avoid buying a new one. Thanks, Ben.

what year is your Hazard Switch in question ?

Concourse Grade Restore- Repair Examples Below ..... :)

DSCN4701.JPG
DSCN4702.JPG
DSCN4707.JPG
51D72E4F-EDCE-48AA-A1CE-C8A31ED5161D.jpeg
7869FC04-68AA-4A3E-B2D8-A9FD59E8D0823 - Copy1.png

It's a '79.

- I have Fully Restored switches

- I have NOS switches

- I have both with or without a NOS or a Restored Knob

- sounds like you have a broken or partially Pull Stalk in the Phonic Sliding Box , common issue 🤔

Last edited:
Do you have any as early as 3-69 to 9-69 in restored state ?

How Many would you like ?

with or without a Knob ?

USA knob

or

UK spec. knob EU Spec. ?

How Many would you like ?

with or without a Knob ?

USA knob

or

UK spec. knob EU Spec. ?

The first one you linked is what I need. The red knob. I did not realize it was on your site. I can order from there. Thanks.

Just a follow up on hazard switch repair: ToyotaMatt is the man for switch repair. I sent it to him fast, he checked it out and repaired it fast and sent it back fast. He's got an overnight service with shipping that is very good. If you need repairs fast he can get it done. Matt send me photos of the repair so I could visually see what was wrong with my switch. Excellent service, fast service. Worth the money. Highly recommend ToyotaMatt for switch repair and many other hard to find Teq parts for land cruiser.

Thanks Matt.

Ben.

Thank you very much for the kind words and the privilege to take a small but indeed important & needed step In the preservation and restoration of your Build ... :)

it's a huge motivator for me personally , that this text book now after so many long years of perfecting and refining long hours after long hours Pull Switch Box Restore , solved all your electrical related gremlins in one
simple-part way ....

BCFBBAC1-72A1-4E3F-86D0-A453DD083E9B.jpeg
EDAC2EED-5166-408D-878C-8D4D402537DF.jpeg
4172FC51-3A39-4C8E-A5F3-7B84DB6DCD54.jpeg
CF1BE4A9-36D8-4CDE-ACF4-C1113923F87B.jpeg

Last edited:
- I have Fully Restored switches

- I have NOS switches

- I have both with or without a NOS or a Restored Knob

- sounds like you have a broken or partially Pull Stalk in the Phonic Sliding Box , common issue 🤔
Hey Matt, sorry for the reply to an old thread, but I was wondering what a broken pull stock is and what it causes. My hazard switch on my 1973 FJ40 was working for hazards but my blinkers were not working. I took my switch apart and everything looks good but a tiny piece of broken plastic fell out. I think it was what kept the pull lever from spinning because now mine just spins around and now the switch doesn’t work at all. No hazards or anything.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom