has anyone put a different motor in the Tundra ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I picked up an 07 Tundra with some motor issues. It is currently at Toyota to get all the issues diagnosed.
In my research I'm finding a lot of issues with the 5.7. It looks like by 2010 they corrected some issues.
The vid...

That got me wondering if there was anyone who has dropped in another motor ? gas or diesel ?

I don’t think many people have engine swapped a Tundra. It’s not realistic to put any other motor in, the work involved would be tremendous. However, it depends on what your using the truck for….. bush buggy? Maybe it’s worth installing a LS. From what I have heard the 5.7 is a phenomenal engine, just put in a fresh one in and save yourself.

Just my outlook!

To be honest, I’ve got an ‘07 with a 4.7. I’d highly recommend this engine, most of the
million mile Toyota engines they are buying back have the 4.7 in them. I bought a badly
abused truck with 215K on it, did the timing belt. It runs like a top. I’ve got an engine light
due to O2 sensors. I’ve just not had the time to sort it out.
When I got mine, I probably would have passed had it had the 5.7. They aren’t as fuel efficient
as the 4.7 either. Look on Tundras.com

I’ve got both 5.7 and 4.7 and that 4.7 is one great motor! If it is a relatively easy swap, (which I would think it should be since both were options in early 2 gen Tundras), I‘d do that before a 4.6 for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom