Has anyone fit 2018 to 2020 4runner tdr wheels on a 1st gen 4 runnner ifs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
My rig isnt running or rolling yet so I cant just drive it to the seller and pop off a tire. The wheels that came in the rig are 33x12.5 on15x12 inch (yes 12 wide) and hit the parking brake levers on the rear drum. I plan in running 33x1250 or 33x11.5 in metric equivalent once shes complete. I'm working on suspension/brakes right now and need this rectified asap.

My co worker just got a new trd 4 runner and i love the wheels. Found a set just like them for a good deal about a 45 min drive away. I wasn't sure if they would clear the locking hub with the centers removed. They are 17s so im assuming they will clear 94 4 runner calipers mounted on my 1986.

Thanks ahead of time!

I had these for awhile. They came off a 2019 4Runner. Fit fine with no spacers. Not sure if that’s the wheel you are looking at.
B15255E9-351F-4497-8175-A59C6F95D89B.jpeg

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. Did you run without front center caps or bore them out for the hub?

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. Did you run without front center caps or bore them out for the hub?

I have manual hubs so I left the center caps off. I suppose I could have cut them, but I figured i would sell the wheels eventually and didn’t want to ruin the centers.

I’m not sure you could run a fatter tire than whatever the stock size was. Tire was very close to upper A Arm.

I was planning on running a 33x11.5 tire (metric equivalent of that)

I'll have a 2.5 bj lift in front, 2.5 ome rear springs (possibly AAL so no sag under load) plus 2 inch body lift so I can keep the pan above the diff.

Do you think those are too wide and did you have to install longer wheel studs?

Also, if they are too wide would a 1 inch spacer help? I'm thinking stock tires are 9.5 to 10.5 inches wide but it was dark and I didn't break out the tape measure when checking out my buddies new TRD runner.

Thanks again for the info @BlueCruiser84 . Before I drop the cash on them I want to be sure they work. Steel wagon wheels are much cheaper at a proper backspacing and id cry less if I hit them on rocks.

A spacer will solve any tire figment issues.

The lug nuts are the kind with a shoulder that fit inside the wheel. Longer studs were not needed.

All the non TRD, non Limited wheels for the 5th generation from 2010-2021 are 17 x 7.5".

The TRD wheels are 17 x 7" for some reason.

Thank you again. Ill do a spacer with arp extended studs if needed. I believe 285 70r 17 are the tires ill be using,

You've been a huge help. I'll try to order some tires and get pics up asap. Maybe I can tell the little lady I want to socially distance and work on the 4 runner over Xmas instead of family gatherings this year. Lots to do an not enough time.

These are listed as TRD but says they measure 7.5s, maybe they are not TRD? Either way I like them. I know to be cool i need fuel wheels and a yeti cooler but I was never into the "in" crowd.

00c0c_2XF4LLgh1P7_0MM132_1200x900.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom