Harmonic balancer rebuild? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here had there harmonic balancer rebuilt?
I am mostly interested in the later 2h harmonic balancer, but interested in anyone's experience, reason, process and cost of rebuilding any balancer.

I have read the process for rebuilding some balancers involves pulling apart, re-seating with new vulcanised rubber and re-calibrating with a laser timer.

I am aware a new aftermarket balancer can be purchased for the 2h for about $400-500 aud.

Does no one make a fluid harmonic balancer?

Does no one make a fluid harmonic balancer?
Well yes, I had to look it up.

A fluid balancer makes sense and may explain things like cranks snapping after a rebuild or at least a contributing factor. But the math of extra force applied by using larger pistons and using say just the next size up if necessary, is a debate.

And again, just how much money do we want to spend?

It can be found on here, cranks snapping unexpectably, redrocket's adventure comes to mind. I think it was a 3b, which like the 2h, which I am primarily focused on, are not high hp engines..

Snapped cranks are not too common I believe.
But then I met a fellow drilling the extra oil channels into a 2h core to make it like a 12ht, turbo, dialed up pump and all that. He is rebuilding his balancer, perhaps a fluid balancer would be more called for in his application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom