Hardtop side panel fitment (1 Viewer)

I have a 3/76 FJ40 that I would like to put hardtop side panels with the vents on, so ‘78 or later. Will they bolt right up and work with my other ‘76 hardtop hardware? Maybe John @Living in the Past or some of the other experts can chime in? Thanks.

I can't see any reason why it would work. I had a 77 top with vent windows on my 73 without an issue other than the wipers on top not fitting. 1/75+ wiper were on the bottom and not an issue.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
both ambulance doors, easy swap, as long as the bolts all come out.

other option is to just add the bar between the windows to your existing top, opening is the same size, it just has the bar with the small window.

other option is to just add the bar between the windows to your existing top, opening is the same size, it just has the bar with the small window.

Been there, done that. Cut the pillars off a wrecked 78. Had good vent windows and hardware. The two large pieces of glass were in pieces but weatherstripping was usable. At the time (1983?) new glass was around $15.50 apiece. Think the whole switch cost was under $75.
001018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom