Harbor Freight Badland 12k winch and TJM T13 Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bloomer

SILVER Star
Threads
Just past the middle of nowhere in South Texas
My father in-law saw these winches recently and wants to buy one as a Christmas present...for me, since they are currently on sale. But, he wants to make sure it will fit my bumper before spending the money.

Has anyone installed the HF Badland 12k winch in a TJM T13 bumper? Any fitment issues or modifications to bumper or winch required for installation?

From my search, I've seen recommendations to change out the cable to synthetic. Anyone have a good source for this and tips on which to purchase? Since the synthetic is lighter weight, what length is recommended?

Any other changes to the components that come with the HF winch package recommended?

Thanks for the help.

I'm about to pick up an HF 12k myself, good winch if you don't need it everyday. I believe it is the same mounting pattern as most winches, I think it's around 4.5" x 10" rectangle for the bolt pattern.

Got the winch today and am excited to get it installed. Probably will be a few weeks till I get around to it, but can't wait.

Curious if there is any way to mount the control box in the engine compartment rather than on top of winch? I'll use a cordless remote pendant controller so there will not be a need to have the hood open for access.

Is there access to the clutch release with the winch installed inside the bumper?

Thanks

The only I would advise is do not leave the wireless remote plugged into the control box. There was a case where someone did that with there HF winch only to have it destroy itself by the remote button being pushed by accident in the center console. Or it being possible someone near by having the same remote and it control your winch.

Relocating the control box can be done easily with some extra cables. Go to an auto parts store with the cables that came with it and ask them to make some longer ones to go from the winch to the box. I think I used 2 ga cables to make mine. Measure it first and get a little extra length.

Does anyone have a link or a PDF mechanical Schematic and parts list for mounting the HF winch to the 100 series factory bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom