Hand throttle in a Tundra? If I have to use a bike shifter I will... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Have had the Tundra ~2months now, and it is time to drill holes & make it more suited for me.

Anyone have a hand throttle they did, or any such thing?

I may use a 80 hand throttle if I can make it fit (most ideal way), but I'm not above a bike shifter for it if the 80 cable or a universal type doesn't work.

If nobody has yet, that's fine - just hoping maybe someone has the "been there, done that"-patch & can drop a few pointers from experience.

Anybody?

Adapting the set up below to a T100 should be not much of a hill for a mountain climber, just say'n:flipoff2:
After going through a couple OEM hand throttles this has proven to be excellent. I use it ~100 times a year and never an issue.

Hand throttle for my 80

Yeah, I frankly hadn't even been under the kickpanel yet, so with luck maybe we got a easy provision on the gas pedal - if this gets monkey crap custom, I'll make a real pic thread of it all.

I have an extra 80 hand throttle in my pile of 80 stuff, if it's long enough cool. If not, we have a bike shop. Either way the truck is getting one, have a Zeon 10K waiting on a bumper to show up & not really thinking 2nd battery (winching is all that I expect the Tundra to do, that & tow the boat).

Sun is out finally, I'll see what the pedal linkage looks like.

Yeah, I frankly hadn't even been under the kickpanel yet, so with luck maybe we got a easy provision on the gas pedal - if this gets monkey crap custom, I'll make a real pic thread of it all.

I have an extra 80 hand throttle in my pile of 80 stuff, if it's long enough cool. If not, we have a bike shop. Either way the truck is getting one, have a Zeon 10K waiting on a bumper to show up & not really thinking 2nd battery (winching is all that I expect the Tundra to do, that & tow the boat).

Sun is out finally, I'll see what the pedal linkage looks like.

Just tack a small washer on the pedal if needed and you are good to go. Done it on several 80's:meh:

Just tack a small washer on the pedal if needed and you are good to go. Done it on several 80's:meh:

Yeah. Monkey crap will be smeared before this is finished:

Not a dealbreaker by any means, but I really don't have a desire to go thru-firewall so I'll be making something to work.

It would be awesome if I could just weld a washer & be done.

Yeah. Monkey crap will be smeared before this is finished:

Not a dealbreaker by any means, but I really don't have a desire to go thru-firewall so I'll be making something to work.

It would be awesome if I could just weld a washer & be done.

Yup, the Tundra is "drive by wire" and has no throttle cable.

I was afraid of that when I initially made the post. The BMW motors I'm more nut-n-bolt in (Yota hasn't needed much) went throttle by wire in ~'02-'03, so wasn't super surprised.

Good news is I signed up for a Spring qtr class at local CC, so I'll have access to their 3 axis mill (smaller Haas, VM-2 last time I took a class) & can make a clamshell aluminum piece to fit the pedal arm & do a 2"-4" upright leg to tie a 80 hand throttle to.
Plenty of room above the pedal mount, thankfully.

If I get good results, I'll prob burn a couple extra out for those who want in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom