Hand Gun Vault / Storage for 2011 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a way to store one of my 9 mm (PPQ, PPS etc.) in my 2011 LC. It doesn't have to be unbreakable but a way to lock it.

I guess i could just stick it in the center console / coolbox but I was hoping for something more secure. And no I don't really want to give up on the cool box either (my favorite feature of the car after all - haha) .

So anything that I should consider? Any under seat options that would work / fit? I would love something that would be easily reachable but I guess I can't have everything .... (sigh).

Z

P.S. Ok - so I am a Walther fan ..... but then I am German too .....

I bought a real nice locking gun safe comes with a hardened cable that goes around one of the seat supports. Mine fits my S&W PD340 357mag. They are made in different sizes. It locks and slides right under the seat. Black metal matches my carpet. I just did a online search and it popped up. Had it for several years.

I bought a real nice locking gun safe comes with a hardened cable that goes around one of the seat supports. Mine fits my S&W PD340 357mag. They are made in different sizes. It locks and slides right under the seat. Black metal matches my carpet. I just did a online search and it popped up. Had it for several years.

Is this a vehicle specific thing or is it safe that just happens to be small enough to fit under the seat? Can you link what you are using? Thanks!

I keep a 38 S&W revolver in the upper shelf of the glove compartment. I mounted a heavy duty magnet under the shelf and it holds the gun in place. I like it because I can easily reach it from the drivers seat and I can lock the compartment when I need to.

Unfortunately, there are some places where carrying is prohibited -- such bans are ridiculous, of course, but the law is what it is.

That's only thing I don't miss about living in the MA/RI/CT area, the politics.

Actually, I see you're from metrowest. I was born in Natick with early years in Milford before moving down to southern RI.

I do not read the law or obey law - if the law have no common sense in it. I take my pistol with me to the bank, school. etc. Unforgettably banks and schools are the more targeted places by "crazy people with guns". So I will be very disappointing if I get in some crazy rage in the bank or the school and knowing that my gun in the car. I obey the law but not liberal law. So like my iPhone and wallet my gun is on me . I am very glad that I am in Idaho and our governor pass law that no concealed permit requires to carry. So I am armed so is the rest of Idahoans. that is why we have 0.0001 gun crime.

I do not read the law or obey law - if the law have no common sense in it. I take my pistol with me to the bank, school. etc. Unforgettably banks and schools are the more targeted places by "crazy people with guns". So I will be very disappointing if I get in some crazy rage in the bank or the school and knowing that my gun in the car. I obey the law but not liberal law. So like my iPhone and wallet my gun is on me . I am very glad that I am in Idaho and our governor pass law that no concealed permit requires to carry. So I am armed so is the rest of Idahoans. that is why we have 0.0001 gun crime.

Schools, churches, banks, movie theaters, ect... are the places where I most want to have a firearm on me. Yet they're usually gun-free. Funny how that works. Weird liberal laws, like the background check (basically a waiting period) buy ammo in CA. So very stupid.

Restrictive gun and ammo laws are absurd because of one statistic: About 3% of all gun crimes are committed by someone who obtained the firearm LEGALLY. In other words, 97% of all gun crimes are committed using illegal firearms.

Last edited:
Schools, churches, banks, movie theaters, ect... are the places where I most want to have a firearm on me. Yet they're usually gun-free. Funny how that works. Weird liberal laws, like the background check (basically a waiting period) buy ammo in CA. So very stupid.

Restrictive gun and ammo laws are absurd because of one statistic: About 3% of all gun crimes are committed by someone who obtained the firearm LEGALLY. In other words, 97% of all gun crimes are committed using illegal firearms.
My opinion is I do not care what government states , criminals will not care . So its just you and you.

You should not own a gun. They injure people. The bullets are even more dangerous because they can kill people when they eject out on their own. Please destroy your guns before they run around looking for people to harm. o_O :D

Last edited:
I understand your point of view. I think you have to consider the odds of being discovered vs the odds of being attacked, and the consequences of each.

In some jurisdictions, carrying in a prohibited location is a felony conviction. In others, the worst that can happen is that if property owner asks you to leave and you don’t leave, then you may get cited for trespassing.

Some might be willing to accept one of those risks, but not the other.

I understand your point of view. I think you have to consider the odds of being discovered vs the odds of being attacked, and the consequences of each.

In some jurisdictions, carrying in a prohibited location is a felony conviction. In others, the worst that can happen is that if property owner asks you to leave and you don’t leave, then you may get cited for trespassing.

Some might be willing to accept one of those risks, but not the other.
It is up to you which "music" you want to tune on and under which "melody" you want to sing. I know facts that government failing on all directions when its comes to crime. they can't prevent crime, they can't stop crime, they only take credit how brave police was when all was over - 65 people dead in the consent and 26 in church. Cops only good to show up when the show is over and put up a yellow strip around the perimeter. A real Heroes are that neighbor next to church who did not look at the consequences, went barefooted outside and challenge the shorter a man who use his body to shied others on the concert. I bowing down before them, those people use simple common sense and acted upon it. I can say more but it is enough, so you choose who "you are".

As I said, I fully understand your view. You are preaching to the choir concerning the likelihood of police arriving in time to save the day - they are often historians with guns.

In some jurisdictions, it is easier to take the risk of being discovered than in others. In a jurisdiction where discovery would mean a felony conviction (and thus loss of all firearm rights), plus jail time, it becomes harder to decide what course of action to take. I have had my coat accidentally ride up, displaying my gun to others. I have yet to need to use my gun to defend yourself.

Please note, I’m not saying that one decision is right and the other is wrong. I’m just saying that different people will look at the same situation and make different decisions.

You should not own a gun. They injure people. The bullets are even more dangerous because they can kill people when they eject out on their own. Please destroy your guns before they run around looking for people to harm. o_O :D

Heh... :hillbilly:
Every time I check mah magic Kalifornistan guns at home...they are constantly trying to run around shootin folks all on their own...

So...I keep them in a safe NOT to keep thieves out...but to KEEP THEM THAR evil guns from dancing around the room shootin stuff automatic like... :bang:

I’m also looking for a portable solution, maybe under seat but I am open to suggestions. I like the V-Line units with the Simplex lock, The make “top loader” versions as low as 2.5 inches. I would be willing to drill the back and install a BIG steel cable around a seat bracket. I wouldrather NOT drill holes in the truck.

What works where?

I had a cheap Nano Vault in a Ram, somebody got in and stole it by cutting the dinky cable. It was empty, I hope he said bad words.

Thanks,

John Davies
Spokane WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom