half a box of wine , 5 cuttoff wheels and 2 bandaids.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought it with 80 k on the clock. It now has 195 k . Head never off, Castrol GTX and Valvoline , both 10-40 with a can of STP because I am an oil pressure freak. I just now put a manual gauge in my new instrument panel. With no STP and the Marvel and Seafoam (thinners) it goes down the road at 75 PSI and never seen an Idle lower than 60, even after raging with the gogfgles and ear-flaps. I made up a period style instrument cluster with a bunch of SW manual gauges and I splurged and bought a matching round SW Speedometer on Ebay. My old FJ brain likes keeping the 55s steering and wheel stock. It is the only thing showing 'toyota' without opening the hood. I have the aluminum vin tag that I will screw onto the ford door jamb and a 'toyota landcruiser ' fender emblem I plan to install on the dash. I'm even thinking of using the 55's 4x4 tailgate emblem on the ford tailgate. Lower left corner. I am very proud that it's bones are all landcruiser!!!

Drove my contraption to town the other day. 24 mile round trip. No drama whatsoever. The stock suspension and the suburban 3rd row seat for a bench makes it like riding on a cloud on my heavily rutted and washboard 1/2 mile road off the county road. The 3.73 gears and 33" tires make for a speedy trip on the asphalt. The center of gravity is considerably lower now and it goes through the corners with very little lean. My wife is already talking about trips in the thing and she bought a special dog leash with an extra clip so we can hook the pooch up kinda short at the front of the bed. We had quite a few road trips in our last FJ 45 lpb with no doors/roof and sometimes with the windshield flat on the hood. The 45 went away during the great recession with construction slowdown. This rig is no 45, but it does have hiway gears, ps and disc brakes that the 45 didn't. Here's a pic of the one that got away. The truck, fortunately not the wife.....Now if I can just find my old Rand McNalley Road Atlas.........

rav at wheel.JPG

Last edited:
I hope the map format is like 4' across. I have a broad tip magic marker to mark out the evening stops.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom