H55 Transmission oil return line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In some cases oil from the xfer case migrates into the transmission; it depends on the condition of the seal between the two. Instead of periodically adjusting the levels, one can install an oil return line connecting the transmission and xfer case fill holes to do it automatically. The parts are available from most hydraulic supply stores; the gaskets are a stock item at Toyota. It also makes it quick and easy to check oil levels without removing the plugs.

2 ea. - Metric Adapter
#6 Male JIC TO 18mm X 1.50 - Steel

2 ea. - Push-Lok Hose Fitting,
3/8" #6 Female JIC -Swivel 90°-Elbow-Short Drop, 3/8" I.D. Hose, Steel

2 ea. - Plug Gasket - 18mm ID, aluminum - Toyota p/n 90430-18008

3/8" or 10mm ID hose [1.5 to 2 ft]

NOTE: Mud Member shipmag sells a deluxe return line made-to-order with hi temp SS clad hose and banjo fittings. send a message to him for details

Last edited:
I think Spector sold a over flow oil return pipe for 40 series gear boxes a few years back.

Terrain Tamer also sells this as a kit. I replaced the hose with a clear one after my last seal went. It was actually allowing the oil to travel the opposite direction and overfilling the t-case. When that happens the level won't equalize through the hose but with the clear hose you will be able to see the t-case level rising

I just drill and tap a brass fitting with the clear hose returning that others have used here on all my rigs after changing the oil on my first cruiser and found 7L in the tranny while only dry dirt came out of the t case. It is a great cheap mod that can save you a ton of money.

Sold all of group buy 13. Ready to move forward with group buy 14. Pm me if you want one. Standard seems to be 12.75 or 17.5 you need to measure fill plug of trf to tran us a small diameter hose to measure with its easier than using a tape measure. Send me a pm for paypal instructions.

Sorry guys I still waiting for group buy 17 to come in. The banjo fittings from England have not come to the hose vendor yet. As soon as I get a confirmation email of the shipment I will let you know and they will go out the day I get the hoses. I appreciate the patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom