H41 & H42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1st gear ratio is lower on the h41. Sorry don’t know the #’s but it is fairly significantly lower.

Is the shifter cane the same between the two?

I’ve got the h41 in my 60. The only difference is the lower 1st gear.

devo

Should also say the 40 and 60 series have different top covers that locate the shifter cane different. Top covers can be switched. Also 8/80 the tailshaft changed from 16 spline to 19 spline. The transfer case switch to the split case at the same time. In the US market the split transfer did not have a hand brake. Those were only used on the long wheel base 40 series models. The split case is a upgrade but hand brake needs to be addressed. Either OEM version for the transfer case. Aftermarket disc for the transfer case. Hand brake moved to the rear axle. A line lock that holds brake fluid in the rear axle brake cylinders. And lastly the one I seen done a few times just eliminate the hand. Been lucky and been able to access both of the OEM version, transfer case and rear axle.

Is the shifter cane the same between the two?

Yes; or maybe I should say instead that my stock H42 cane works perfectly with my H41. All H41's were in other markets (most come here from Australia), so maybe the RHD cane is different from the LHD one, I don't know.

Yes; or maybe I should say instead that my stock H42 cane works perfectly with my H41. All H41's were in other markets (most come here from Australia), so maybe the RHD cane is different from the LHD one, I don't know.

The RHD transmission shift cane on the H41, H42 and H55F in the 4X series is different. Has a bend in the middle that angles it to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom