h151 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just picked up 2 hdj81 parts trucks. one of which has a manual h151 transmission...much to my surprise the 5 speed is bolted up to a part time transfer case. i am trying to find information on this transfer case. specifically its designation numbers, if it does or doesn't have a differential and also price out as rebuild just for my own curiosity sake.

I don't know a lot about it but I know that a H1FA part time transfer case came behind the h151f. I have one that came in non-us fj80. If you sear for H1FA I am sure can find some of the information you are looking for.

i am trying to find information on this transfer case. specifically its designation numbers, if it does or doesn't have a differential and also price out as rebuild just for my own curiosity sake.

Most of the Japanese market were full time 4wd ,some owners do part time conversions. The basic HZJ80 were all part time.
The code for the transfer case should be on the aluminium plate.

I am considering rebuilding my h151 before installing it. Can anyone suggest a rebuild kit for it that comes with all new syncros? My h151 came out of 1993 fj80. I am planning to install it behind a supercharged 2uz and will have to swap the input shaft to do this which is why I am considering rebuilding it.

If you want to sell that tranny, let me know. I'm interested.

I am considering selling my h151 with a carbureted 1fz. I don't want to sell it separate of the engine. It is listed in the classified section if your interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom