GX460 Lift Comparison/Review (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Dobinsons MRR and waiting to install. Also have tires, went with 285/75R17 KO2s. One problem, no wheels. Was planning on dong the Matte Bronze SCS F5s in 17x8.5 but of course I went to order and they are now out of stock. Any feedback on running the 17x9 versus the 17x8.5. Also, I have seen a ton of these on the 4Runner and FJ, but none on a 460. Anyone aware of any issues in fit?
Here's the link to my build. I'm running the exact same tire you ordered and they're on a Matte Bronze wheel with black rim, bead lock style.R2M 2013 GX 460 Expo

Here's the link to my build. I'm running the exact same tire you ordered and they're on a Matte Bronze wheel with black rim, bead lock style.R2M 2013 GX 460 Expo

Good looking rig. Matte bronze looks great. I’m deciding whether to wait on the bronze or going with the matte gunmetal that’s in stock. Since my truck is black has all the chrome wrapped in satin black, either should look good.

Well damn.... hope I don’t run into these same issues. Would be very disappointing for sure. I guess time will tell.
Need some advice. With the 285/75r17s, chasing down contact points in the front has been an ongoing task. Right now its street worthy, but I wouldn't take it on a trail yet for fear of cutting the tire. So far I've done a BMC (though I may need to cut it back further. I've also cut out a lot of the lower front section inner fender liner, removed the sidesteps, reshaped some of the rest of the fender liner, etc. Since you're running 35s, what all did you have to cut to make them not rub. I seem to get mild rub when turning left, particularly if the left suspension is compressing at all. Any advice would be really helpful.

I am having trouble finding good comparisons and reviews of GX460 lift options. If there is a way to compile info on costs, performance, ride quality, issues, tire size, Pros, Cons, etc, it would be hugely helpful. I am currently shopping for a 10-13 GX with plans to do a mild build and am struggling with which lift is the best for my application and for the money (Toytec, Icon, Dobinsons, Ironman, OME, etc). Sorry if this already exists, I did multiple searches and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thx,
Jason
I have been installing/running TC/FOX-KING suspension bits for 12 years on different vehicles. Just my preference for performance and maintenance/durability. Current GX is on TC UCA with uniball conversion and KING FF/RR. Cant go wrong with any upgrade above the factory stuff IMHO. Good luck.

Need some advice. With the 285/75r17s, chasing down contact points in the front has been an ongoing task. Right now its street worthy, but I wouldn't take it on a trail yet for fear of cutting the tire. So far I've done a BMC (though I may need to cut it back further. I've also cut out a lot of the lower front section inner fender liner, removed the sidesteps, reshaped some of the rest of the fender liner, etc. Since you're running 35s, what all did you have to cut to make them not rub. I seem to get mild rub when turning left, particularly if the left suspension is compressing at all. Any advice would be really helpful.
Check your alignment specs and check your lift each side for same specs/height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom