GX 470 Exterior door handles cross-over replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had recently purchase a salsa red pearl gx470 and am looking to replace the chrome door handles. Is there any toyota or lexus that use the same door handles as the gx470 that I can do a direct swap on the front/rear handles?

I had recently purchase a salsa red pearl gx470 and am looking to replace the chrome door handles. Is there any toyota or lexus that use the same door handles as the gx470 that I can do a direct swap on the front/rear handles?

Is there a part number on the handle you have?

69220HANDLE ASSY, FRONT DOOR OUTSIDE, LH
69211-28070-F2CHAMPAGNE M.M., 587

69210HANDLE ASSY, FRONT DOOR, OUTSIDE RH
69211-28070-F2CHAMPAGNE M.M., 587

69240HANDLE ASSY, REAR DOOR OUTSIDE, LH
69210-58010PLATED

69230HANDLE ASSY, REAR DOOR OUTSIDE, RH
69210-58010PLATED

Part numbers for all 4 doors.

Is there a part number on the handle you have?

Curious if the black Prado handles work. I removed as much of the chrome as I could and the handles are really the only thing left.

Curious if the black Prado handles work. I removed as much of the chrome as I could and the handles are really the only thing left.

are the handles for a black GX black? on my tacoma i got some door handles off the black xrunner or just a BSP colored tacoma from a dealership. they were painted and not that rough s***ty plastic black like my mirrors are that turn gray in about 5 mins of sun

are the handles for a black GX black? on my tacoma i got some door handles off the black xrunner or just a BSP colored tacoma from a dealership. they were painted and not that rough s***ty plastic black like my mirrors are that turn gray in about 5 mins of sun
Depends on the year. I think 2008+ are chrome and everything before is color matched

Depends on the year. I think 2008+ are chrome and everything before is color matched

should be able to get whatever color you want from prior years and put them on. not overly expensive.

Replaced my chrome handles with Black ones, very easy and around $25 per door IIRC. The part numbers all cross reference to Toyota's as long as it's the same paint code. I have a Black Mica truck, so plenty of Toyota handles available. Ordered them from my favorite online Toyota parts dealer.

Replaced my chrome handles with Black ones, very easy

Couldn’t find a guide on this, how do you change the door handles out?

Replaced my chrome handles with Black ones, very easy and around $25 per door IIRC. The part numbers all cross reference to Toyota's as long as it's the same paint code. I have a Black Mica truck, so plenty of Toyota handles available. Ordered them from my favorite online Toyota parts dealer.

Could you help me find Salsa red pearl handles? Im confused how to find it and I called the toyota/lexus dealerships with no luck. :(

this is one for a 4runner which should work. a different color cross reference from a 4runner to a GX

69211-28070-D2

69217-28010-C1Cover, Front Door Outside Handle, LH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Front Door Outside, LH
69217-60020-C0Cover, Front Door Outside Handle, RH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Front Door, Outside RH
69227-60020-C0Cover, Rear Door Outside Handle, LH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Rear Door Outside, LH
69227-60020-C0Cover, Rear Door Outside Handle, RH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Rear Door Outside, RH

Replace the C0/C1 with your paint code and search your favorite toyota dealer online. You can see the drivers door cover is different (has the hole for the key), the other 3 are the same. The handles are the same all around.

To replace the handles - front doors pull the rubber plug in the door jamb and unscrew the torx bolt (it's a captured bolt). Then pull the key covers. Pull out the handle and jerk it to the rear of the car to release. Reverse to install.

Rear doors, you have to pull the door card to get to the torx bolt, otherwise it's the same.

69217-28010-C1Cover, Front Door Outside Handle, LH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Front Door Outside, LH
69217-60020-C0Cover, Front Door Outside Handle, RH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Front Door, Outside RH
69227-60020-C0Cover, Rear Door Outside Handle, LH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Rear Door Outside, LH
69227-60020-C0Cover, Rear Door Outside Handle, RH
69211-28070-C1Handle Assy, Rear Door Outside, RH

Replace the C0/C1 with your paint code and search your favorite toyota dealer online. You can see the drivers door cover is different (has the hole for the key), the other 3 are the same. The handles are the same all around.

To replace the handles - front doors pull the rubber plug in the door jamb and unscrew the torx bolt (it's a captured bolt). Then pull the key covers. Pull out the handle and jerk it to the rear of the car to release. Reverse to install.

Rear doors, you have to pull the door card to get to the torx bolt, otherwise it's the same.
D2 should be red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom