GX 460 has peaked my interest, looking for insight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I’ve been pretty heavily researching and looking into LX 470’s. However the 460 is looking like it could be a better choice for my needs. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to looking at a ‘13 460, but I’m not sure if the premium is the better choice to look for. From what I’ve gathered off of gxor and here the premium basically has a heated steering wheel as well as AVS and RAHC as the extras. If I got a 460 I would lift it and throw bumpers/sliders/skids all that jazz on there. So would that mean basically either ripping out or disabling the AVS and RAHC, similar to the AHC with the 470? Pretty much making the premium trim useless to look for? And now to KDSS, I’ve read people still lift their vehicles with it and like it, others advise against a KDSS vehicle. Is KDSS tied to a trim, or is it just an option a lot of them have, and has the aftermarket support for vehicles with KDSS caught up? Sorry for all the questions, I have been reading over threads I promise. Any help/advice on the decision would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: From what I’ve gathered the 460 is in the same boat as the 470 for an aftermarket stereo if you have factory Nav right? Or did I read that wrong.

I'm pretty sure all the GX460's have KDSS standard. My 13 base model has KDSS. But otherwise yea, the base trim makes it easier to add a suspension lift without have to deal with the height control features that come from the factory. Some of the interior upgrades with the premium are nice tho, so I guess you still need to figure out if all that is worth it.

All 460's have KDSS, but at least with a mild lift I think it still works well and people seem happy with it. I'd suggest a base model so you don't have to deal with the added complexity of active suspension and height control that will be taken out anyway, but it can still be dealt with if you've found the right GX in premium trim that you want to buy. As mentioned in base trim you'd also lose out on heated steering wheel, adaptive H.I.D headlights, and headlight washer nozzles.

Wow, that sent me down a rabbit hole not gonna lie. Good work to all of you that figured that out. I think you guys are right, a base would be the best bet. I’ve tried finding some with the comfort packages but it seems to be a bit difficult. Really I only think I would miss the heated steering wheel, but I doubt I’d use it much in the PNW. I’ve gathered off of club Lexus that the 460 is also stuck with the nav head unit at the moment, might be a bummer adding in aftermarket stereo equipment since a base won’t have the ML system. Thanks for all the help guys, I should be pulling the trigger on something within a month, then the real fun will begin.
If you get a Premium 10-13 or '14+ this thread will be your friend. Leave everything plugged in aside from shocks and bags you removed.

Premium would also include the Mark Levinson stereo, potentially the obscure driver aid package like radar cruise/surround view cameras/ auto high beams (if you can find one...they are rare), Active HIDs that turn along with auto-level, semi-aniline leather, heated rear seats, 3 zone heating/cooling in rear (470 only did cooling), power folding and auto dimming side mirrors, headlight washers (ok.. I don't use mine :), illuminated door sills, Wood- and leather-trimmed shift knob and heated steering wheel

That being said you can option up fairly close to a '14+ Premium without AVS/RAHC on 10-13 by finding a base with these packages. Not quite the same and no ML but closer.

View attachment 2003046

Of course you can add crawl and MTS on anything.

I have a 2013 GX with the Premium package. Although I did not do the suspension myself, it was done by YotaMasters, they never mentioned any issues with the rear AHS suspension or anything else suspension wise.
Just go for the Premium if your looking at 2013's and older, or the Luxury edition for anything younger. You'll love it!

Welcome, I’m sorta in the same boat. Im currently driving my second GX (2014 premium with comfort) and decid3d last night to go ahead and buy my 3rd. For the past few months I’ve gone back-and-forth over a 2016 or newer Toyota Land Cruiser or an LX. Surprisingly the Land Cruiser holds it’s value much much better than the LX And I’m basically looking for something to tow my boat and get back into my tracts of land. The GX actually performs those duties pretty well and quite frankly it’s large enough for me.

If you’re wanting to upgrade the suspension like I have done, then I highly suggest going with the premium model with the comfort package. If you go with the luxury package you’ll have to spend a little extra on converting air to coil… which isn’t very much, but it’s another “issue” you’ll have to deal with. I wouldn’t go with a base. Good luck!

9772E324-BCA7-494A-936F-37330087E287.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what package you have to buy to get the sport and comfort mode for driving? I want to tow a camper and most people say it’s best in sport mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom