GSI Camp kitchen info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I already purchased the cabelas delux camp kitchen already.

Thanks

41HVRFAF5EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have this one..light weight and works great!

There are some really great links here, especially the BlueSkyKitchen site. Thanks everyone. RedEuro, does that Coleman unit have an arm to hang a lantern above the table?

These are great gadgets for creating a work space once you arrive. My challenge is getting the pots, pans, plates, cups, utinsels, cleaning supplies etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum in and out of our Action Packer Storage Box without removing everything else and then having to repack the bloody thing when we leave a campsite. My son's Boy Scout Troop has terrific Patrol Boxes that carry everything needed, but I don't have, nor want, 4 large teenagers to muscle it around on our family campouts. The Patrol Boxes are similar to the Kanz Field Pantry but that Kanz stuff is pricey!

Has anyone solved the kitchen equipment storage problem in something that I can move in and out of our Land Cruiser by myself? The Action Packer is portable enough but I can't stand the disorganized state of our gear... Permanent expedition equipment in the LC is not an option.

Has anyone solved the kitchen equipment storage problem in something that I can move in and out of our Land Cruiser by myself? The Action Packer is portable enough but I can't stand the disorganized state of our gear... Permanent expedition equipment in the LC is not an option.
I use two of these boxes that stack together and fit into my Cabelas kitchen.
Inside fit all of the utensils, post and pans, foil, everything I need to cook with.
I store the two boxes stacked in the back of the rig when I have everything packed for a trip.

20.jpg

I am switching over to a chuckbox at a later date though.
A guy over on Expo's forum built a nice one, and I have the plans for it.

KitchenBoxII.jpg

P1000838.jpg

It is made to fit the same new stove I bought for this season, the Camp Chef Denali.

KitchenBoxII.jpg

P1000838.jpg

It is made to fit the same new stove I bought for this season, the Camp Chef Denali.

Now THAT is cool.

Yes, I like it very much.
I have seen a lot of chuck boxes, but I like this one the best.

I have a Cabelas roll up table table that takes up less room than my current Cabelas kitchen, and I can set this chuck box on top of it.

A carpenter at work said it would cost close to $600 if he built it.
The wood and hardware alone are close to $125, but I found a local crate shop that we deal with that can do it for $365 and stained.

I use two of these boxes that stack together and fit into my Cabelas kitchen.
Inside fit all of the utensils, post and pans, foil, everything I need to cook with.
I store the two boxes stacked in the back of the rig when I have everything packed for a trip.

I think my immediate solution is to convince my :princess: to stop bringing everything but the kitchen sink :bang:.

That chuckbox design you found Corey is awesome. Do you know how much it weighs empty? Can you send me the plans? I would like to try building it especially since it looks to be transportable by one person. Finally, I'm not familiar with the Expo forum, can you post the link? Thanks much.

Thanks for the links Cory, it looks like I found the Chuckbox design on that site. You are correct in that he is quite creative. The Teardrop+ design is very cool.

I have a Cabelas roll up table table that takes up less room than my current Cabelas kitchen, and I can set this chuck box on top of it.

The wood and hardware alone are close to $125, but I found a local crate shop that we deal with that can do it for $365 and stained.

Pardon my ignorance, but can't this item be built in a home garage? It looks like the usual glue, screw and a little router usage is all this project needs. :confused:

Pardon my ignorance, but can't this item be built in a home garage? It looks like the usual glue, screw and a little router usage is all this project needs. :confused:
It indeed can be built in a home with a garage.
I have neither a home or a garage.

It indeed can be built in a home with a garage.
I have neither a home or a garage.

That's what the guest room is used for :D

Corey-

This is a good design and well documented. If interested, I could make you- PM me if interested.

Van

That's what the guest room is used for :D
That is where the camping gear, old tires, bumper and stock roof rack from the FJ are stored.
I need more room :D
Corey-

This is a good design and well documented. If interested, I could make you- PM me if interested.

Van
Thanks Van, I may take you up on it.

I have the PDF files again for it.

I have seen a lot of these boxes made before, but his compact design and not wasted space, and build around my same model of stove is what draws me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom