Greetings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figured it was time to go ahead an make an account here and introduce myself. I'm Marc people online normally can me Venz. I've been lurking around the site for a while trying to learn about this and that. Thank you all for the great site and all the shared information here. I have a 1977 FJ40 that I bought a year out of high school, it was my dream car. Unfortunately I had a failure right about the time my first daughter was being born and when it came down to putting Gas in the commuter, or fixing my FJ40 the family took precedence.

Fast forward 24 or 25 years, and I've finally begun to work on bringing it back to life.
I hope to share the process with you, as I take advantage of the wealth of wisdom offered here.

So what had happened was the water pump seized, the tension from the belts sheared off the water pump pulled yanking the fan blade down and into my radiator. I made the mistake of starting to take t apart before realising I did not have the cash to get the parts. So it's sat for over 20 years with the front Grill off, no water pump, or Radiator installed.

Before that had happened I had rebuild the lockers, put new shocks on it, a new pcv valve, a new fuel tank..I had/still have all the parts to rebuild the exhaust (from the headers back) I had rebuilt the front disc brakes with intent to do the rear drums as well, but could not seem to get the drums off the rear so had put that off.

I'm rambling. I think I read you like pics.....

Welcome to MUD, there's a lot to learn here - I know I've benefitted greatly in keeping my Land Cruisers up and running (modifications and upgrades also). I too have a lot of long put off projects, but I keep slowly chipping away at them.

Welcome, sounds like your getting it done. Post some pics. when you get a chance.

Pics

77 is the best year. They come back from the dead every week here on Mud.

Welcome Lots of Great Info and People here.

So progress this week, Drained the old oil and replaced, along with a new filter.

Removed a few panels from the lower side of the engine bay, along with the battery try/platform, the coolant overflow bottle and a couple odd brackets for my first batch of powder coats.

I've come to the conclusion I need to order a couple gaskets and a compatible fan, and a water pump pulley.
I'd had some hope the local Toyota wrecker might have them, as he does work on a few fj's but he was pretty quick with a nope on phone.

Getting to know the engine much better after deciding which parts I would pull and when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom