Green trail rausch run Sunday 3/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everybody needs a goal; some are just lower than others.

'Tis true, so I'll lower it to a more realistic twenty years...

Yeah it was a nice day to be out on the trails. While there was a lot of water pretty much everywhere I was surprised to see that both Smoothie and Milk Shake were much lower than I ever saw them. The same applies to mud hole on the power line and to the end of trail (B I think) where it dumps out onto the power line.
Had eight trucks including the Volvo which really impressed me until he cracked his radiator. We started out leaving the staging area heading down around the old entrance and up to trail C. Went all the way around that out to E, turned right and then a left down over the hill to trail H. Took H down to 11, then did trail 10. After that we took 11 around the bottom of the park, up the chute at the bottom end then back up H to the entrance to trail 10 where we stopped for lunch. After that we did trail 10, a short section of Stout, then up H, up over the hill, then did Tatas. By that time it was almost 2PM and we headed out to the staging area and aired up.
There were several trucks in the group who had never been offroad before and they had a good time. All said they couldn't wait to get back on the trails and all were amazed what their vehicles could do. I enjoyed riding in comfort in Blair's FJ and once again was impressed with the traction those FJ's get.
Other than the Volvo radiator (and some underbody carnage too that he removed a few times as we drove around) the only damage was sustained by one of the jeeps heading up the gully section at the exit end of trail 10. He leaned into a tree with his roof on the driver side and banged up the corner of his fiberglass roof a bit but nothing major. All in all a great day in the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom