Greasing the driveshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished my first oil change and wanted to grease the driveshaft. I found the zerks on the front and rear driveshaft. How can you tell how much grease to put in there? I put about 6 pumps in each and was watching to see if it came out anywhere but did not see anything.
Also is there anything else I should grease while I have the grease gun out?
Thanks

This is all I could find in the FSM:
upload_2017-2-6_9-3-16.png

The joint is full when the grease comes out.

From the T4R forum, I recall a tech stating to look for grease or movement in the driveshaft. I assume the lc has the same principle method...

With the propeller shafts, as soon as you start to see the propeller shaft expand you are done. For the spider joints just add grease until you start to hear the popping sounds of the grease being forced out. In both cases you're actually adding more than you need as you're basically overfilling them.

Six pumps? Make sure you are actually pumping grease. Sometimes it airlocks.

You can pump a boat load of grease into the shaft, but as soon as the suspension articulates and the drive shaft compresses, it just comes out and flings all over the place.

As several people have said, pump until you see the shaft move, then stop. Spiders will ooze with just a pump or two.

That's what I was thinking. It just seemed like more than I was expecting. I bled the air out of the grease gun before I started to pump. Thank you very much for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom