GPS Tracks from RC - 4/21/07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I uploaded a GoogleEarth kmz file if anyone cares to look at it. We ran Green and Blues all day Saturday.
http://www.swronline.com/rc/RC04212007.kmz

When you click on the above link, it'll unzip the file and ask to save or open. I click open and it launched GoogleEarth and displays the path.

You can download GoogleEarth for free here if you don't already have it: http://earth.google.com/

Does anyone know of a better way to display tracks?

Here is a still image captured from GE:
RC04212007.jpg

That's pretty cool. Do you have any map software at home to use with your GPS? I have a couple programs--I'll have to remember mine next time.

That's pretty cool. Do you have any map software at home to use with your GPS? I have a couple programs--I'll have to remember mine next time.

I have mapsource for use with the Garmin 60csx and for storing tracks, POI's, etc. I also have a few old topo map programs that I can't think of just now.

the coolest part of your map is that you see the "rock creek"... which shows you how massive it is!

I didn't realize how many trails we covered before I looked at this.

I've attached another image using the overlay feature of google earth. I used the RC maps. I did it fairly quickly so it isn't scaled perfectly.
overlay.jpg

Thats really cool. We did cover a lot of ground. After seeing that I can't wait to see the pics you took.

Nice work, Bill!

I have National Geo Topo and another program I use regularly for rides/hikes/and GPS'ing trails. Spits out elevation profiles as well, which can be pretty neat.

I like them because they use the USGS topo quads as the base map.

Map

Bill- that is awesome, I really enjoyed seeing this display. Honestly, looking at it from this perspective I have a better feel for the layout of Rausch Creek. This even after I've wheeled there maybe ten or twelve times. Thanks for sharing it with the group!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom