Gots me a 45 wagon today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=thorvald link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47565#msg47565 date=1065368972]
nice truck, only thing wrong with it is the bowtie engine :D
[/quote]

yes and no, the early 40's drivetrain sucks, yeah a 2f would be nice but damn the 350 sure moves the 45 much better than any 2f. and the auto and PS are very nice :)

sweet find! You know life is good to us at times! Wow Nice rig, good find for the collecton!

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47542#msg47542 date=1065359838]
11 Cruisers(and 72 El CAmino and 87 3/4ton), but the 88 is gonna become the donor rig for the axles and brakes for the 45.

and yes actaully I am a bastard.....my folks just told me this last year...for real ::)

John H
[/quote]

no big deal, so am i.... but the fact remains we are all envious :(

Man did you ever score :cheers:, that is one hell of a sweet 45 :D, I'm jealous as hell.

Thorvald, I couldn't agree with you more, I ditched the Chevy engine out of my cruiser, it was a smart move.

a ambulance door model in Jakarta and the answer to who made the 45 wagon (circa 1961-1967 world)

:cheers:
Nice find John, that is one of toughtest looking 45's I've seen. SHez definately a beaut!

Yo Han

[quote author=rick_d link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47631#msg47631 date=1065386338]
a ambulance door model in Jakarta and the answer to who made the 45 wagon (circa 1961-1967 world)
[/quote]

Rick I have the Japanese mag with that one and the red one......they are SO sweet and your even mentioned in the artical :)

John H

[quote author=offcamber40 link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47675#msg47675 date=1065399331]
Does the top come off that one? I had a friend that used to have a green one with a removable hardtop.. Nice find man!

Mike
[/quote]

no it doesn't and no fj45 wagon has a top that come off, a fj45 troopie has a top that come off as well as a 45 long bed pick up, but not the 4 door wagon

John H

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47830#msg47830 date=1065452824]
Damn, John, just posting pictures and details about your new acquisitions is a fulltime job! Um, I haven't noticed the duct tape drink holder--haven't gotten around to installing it yet? ;)
[/quote]

it was "installed" yesterday.....its the 1st mod I made :D I'll take pics ;)

John H

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47861#msg47861 date=1065458356]
John,

Just want to know for future reference, can we still call you a lucky bastard then? ??? Are you okay with that? 'cause I can't think of anyone else who fits the description better :D
[/quote]

fine with me.....I get called alot worse everyday :D bastard works just fine as well :)

John the Bastard........sounds almost biblical ::)

Okay, slow day at work, but I promise this is my last post to this thread (at least until after I eat lunch).

John, if you've got the articles on this truck, post 'em to your site (or at least the pics) so that we can check 'em out. Also, it would be kinda neat to get as much history on this truck as possible--it's an unusual model that seems to have had an interesting life and would make good reading (well, for a few thousand nut cases, at least).

Rick shot down my theory, he said most all 64's had the sticker :(

but I did post on my site the ne artical
http://www.picturetrail.com/cruiserdude
then the 64 Four WHeeler review

John H

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=5960;start=msg47886#msg47886 date=1065461993]
Okay, slow day at work, but I promise this is my last post to this thread (at least until after I eat lunch).

John, if you've got the articles on this truck, post 'em to your site (or at least the pics) so that we can check 'em out. Also, it would be kinda neat to get as much history on this truck as possible--it's an unusual model that seems to have had an interesting life and would make good reading (well, for a few thousand nut cases, at least).
[/quote]

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I've never seen one of those in person, only pics, but it sure does look like a sweet rig. Congrats on a great find!

Lou

That is sweet!!!!!! :cheers:
It gives hope that there are a few still out there!!!!!
Well, maybe not here on the rust (east) coast!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom