Goodyear MTR Kevlar 315s on a 1993 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a killer photo...who took that?

(I see you got the email and the link worked okay?)

Jealous.

Those look nice-

Too bad I missed you in SLC

Photo by Hrothgar Moody.

Roger "Hrothgar the Great" Moody...

the one and only....:beer:

Put some more up on the CM thread Hayes...don't be shy...

Nice tires. I like the asym concept. At the moment I just have five of the previous MTRs that have been retreaded with a BFG MT style tread. By the time I have these worn out the parallel four link front and cantilever triangulated four link rear should be done. My a built up and boosted engine will be in place too.

So when I have the rest of the rig done and ready and my current tires are toast the MT/R Kevlars look like the choice.

What is the deal on these tires? Any winter driving scenarios to share?

MTR Kev on LX450. They are LOUDER then my Nitto TG. Can't wait to go off-road. The TG in the northeast were spinning quite easy so I am looking for a significant better traction as a trade off.

For a more objective measurement. At 70MPH with the Nitto TG, The engine noise and the tires were about even and the quality of the noise can be said to be "hamming" which I liked.

The GY MTR Kev are louder, the tire noise is over the the engine noise, but the quality of the noise is much worse since it is more like a high pitch whine.

Nevertheless, I am exciting to have my first MT type tire. The MTR were described as quite for MT. Boy I don't want to know what is a loud MT :)
IMG_0374.jpg

MTR Kev on LX450. They are LOUDER then my Nitto TG. Can't wait to go off-road. The TG in the northeast were spinning quite easy so I am looking for a significant better traction as a trade off.

For a more objective measurement. At 70MPH with the Nitto TG, The engine noise and the tires were about even and the quality of the noise can be said to be "hamming" which I liked.

The GY MTR Kev are louder, the tire noise is over the the engine noise, but the quality of the noise is much worse since it is more like a high pitch whine.

Nevertheless, I am exciting to have my first MT type tire. The MTR were described as quite for MT. Boy I don't want to know what is a loud MT :)

Try Trxus MT's next. Then you'll know what it is like to have an aggressive offroad tire that is as quiet as your Nitto TG's were.

Enjoy the MTR's, they'll be fun offroad :bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom