Good try, but you missed the point... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Ford went through all the trouble of bolting all this crap to this expedition...which, why rename it "timberline" if it's already got a name like "expedition"?....but anyway, went through all this trouble and they 1) put a RTT on a vehicle pulling a trailer and also designed to sleep people inside. 2) put step sliders on which do the opposite of what real sliders are intended for...so why the 35" tires if you're just gonna kill breakover with some steps?

This crap annoys me to no end. Oh, and where exactly was the product development? Because I can bolt on a bunch of stuff to another vehicle. Why would I do it to a Ford if there's no factory improvement?

And if you don't have 100 lights on the truck pointing in every direction your not a true Overlander.

Of course they missed the point. At least in this forum. Ford is marketing to wannabees and they know it. So in that sense they did NOT miss the point. Ford's clientele will buy their garbage. Ford will make money.

Of course they missed the point. At least in this forum. Ford is marketing to wannabees and they know it. So in that sense they did NOT miss the point. Ford's clientele will buy their garbage. Ford will make money.
I agree but I'm not necessarily bashing Ford in general. I think what they've tried to do with the new bronco is admirable. Whether it lives up to its name remains to be seen. So I have no problem with Ford marketing new products to the offroad or "overland" crowd - but Ford has been around. They know a little bit about vehicles. So the fact that they made such a mess of this one is just stupid.

Ford went through all the trouble of bolting all this crap to this expedition...

Exactly. It's something easily attainable by the general public to make them feel that they're a part of the latest fad. The same people who sit in their BarcaLounger swilling beer and pork rinds and say "we made it to the Super Bowl" as they struggle to get out of said BarcaLounger and get winded walking to the kitchen for more beer and pork rinds...

As opposed to swilling beer and pork rinds around a camp fire... :bounce:

But that *is* the point - to sell as much useless crap to unknowing rubes as possible. Maximize that profit.

Exactly. It's something easily attainable by the general public to make them feel that they're a part of the latest fad. The same people who sit in their BarcaLounger swilling beer and pork rinds and say "we made it to the Super Bowl" as they struggle to get out of said BarcaLounger and get winded walking to the kitchen for more beer and pork rinds...

wait, it sounds like your describing side by sides.

They all do it. Toyota slapped a old 'land cruiser' badge, some gold wheels, and a $400 stupid looking roof basket on a 200 series and people went crazy for them.

All automakers know that 99% of the car buying population are sheep.
Good point...but at least the 200 wearing the gold wheels was a legit 200 LC. A Ford Expedition is hardly the same class of vehicle even if you don't like Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom