Good Mechanic in Tucson (1 Viewer)

I am thinking it may be time to think about the headgasket. Does anyone have or know of a good mechanic in Tucson??

Jim at Calypso. It is a pop and sons shop they are very good. Jim builds the Crossedup WEROC engines and has worked on numerous 80's

While I try to do all my own repairs, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend John at Tucson Auto Center. He's located at 175 W. Ft. Lowell. 622-2472. I had him do a pre-purchase inspection on my 80, and I know he has multiple customers with 80's. You might also try Dan and Angela at Dan's Toy Shop. 620-1957. At least there are a fair number of shops with experience on 80's, so finding one you like, and can trust, shouldn't be to hard. Another possibility would be to get a whole lotta beer and have a CSC party, and headgasket repair, at your place.....

howdy

So, I'm in Tucson this weekend and leave Monday to drive to Florida. Than ill be back in July for a few days. If you want a hand I am more than willing to help. I don't know of any shops though since I haven't lived in Tucson for 13 years!!!
If you want to do a meet and greet, I'm willing to do that too. I'm also willing to do an early morning run if its something that wont tear my rig apart since I have to drive it to Idaho once I am back from Florida!

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Jim at Calypso. It is a pop and sons shop they are very good. Jim builds the Crossedup WEROC engines and has worked on numerous 80's

Jim's a good friend of mine and the only other person who ever works on my 80. He's not cheap, but won't cheat you.
32six-535eight

Thanks for the offers to help, unfortunately I have very limitted time to get things done now days and to lose a couple of days with my kids vs paying someone else to do it I am usually leaning towards the later. Easy things like brakes, tune ups etc are one thing but I think I would get a lot of crap from the wife if I tried to rip the engine apart. I think I will be calling up Calypso in the near future.

THanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom