Good Body Shop in OC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boydmick

RIP My Friend
SILVER Star
Threads
It is time for some rust repair on the rear tailgate and I'm looking for anyone with good experiences with a body shop in the coastal Orange County area, say Newport, Huntington, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley or nearby.

I'm sure I could find a shop but I would rather deal with someplace who has a track record with someone here on 'Mud.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Boyd check out Dave's Body & Frame on Monrovia in Costa Mesa. One man operation, former desert racer and an artist with sheet metal and paint. Uses as little bondo as possible and the rig will look like new when done. The catch: He is usually backed up several weeks and is not the least expensive. Tell him Scott with 62' Corvair sent you, he'll charge you double. ;) Dave's Body & Frame

m.jpg

1719 Monrovia Ave Ste D
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 642-5158

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/uaReboZ8zWyf3_PZ_rVM4A?select=AxQDouo34pnkJKh1Wl8Y4w Hours:Mon-Fri 9 am - 5 pm

Only place I've ever used is down in Mission Viejo - sorry.

Tell him Scott with 62' Corvair sent you, he'll charge you double. ;)

Thanks for that! Maybe I should just walk in;)
I'm not in a hurry so maybe I'll check it out.

You scared me Boyd, was afraid you scratched your bumper. ;) Was going to throw out a San Juan shop but Scott's sounds hard to pass up on.

LOL My bumper is just fine, don't worry!

Still need a rear on though ;)

I'm going to check out Scott's place since I got a second recommendation from my mom of all people. Small world.

How've you been?

I have used Fountain Valley Body Works before (17481 Newhope Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708-4277 (714) 751-8812). I had to get the rear bumper on my 4Runner replaced and the entire back half of the SUV painted after a Redwood tree some how popped out of nowhere while my wife was backing out of a driveway in Yosemite.... LOL

Anyway, Michael there helped me out. They did an excellent job matching the black paint. The quality of work was worth the price IMO. They were not super expensive, but its was not an Earl Scheib cheap either.

I am planning on using them again to get minor fixes done on my 80.

Mo - good to see you still lurking my friend! :cheers:

Hey guys! Still alive, barely. :) trying to come up for air.

Miss you all too. Will have to rectify that soon. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom