Getting rid of dog smell in car. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been enlisted to sell my brother's car. It's a 1999 Legacy wagon, actually a nice little ride, but it smells like death. The previous owner had dogs, and their presence is smelt every time it's out in the sun. I've deep-cleaned the carpets, tried every smell-killer out there, it's still there. Any ideas before I set fire to it?

A friend did this to his (he was a smoker)

he got four boxes of carpet fresh and dumped 3 in the car paying attention to under the seats and seat cushions. then he parked the car in the sun for about 3 days. he vacuumed it out and then put the remaining box under the seats and carpet.

Try a steam cleaner....a lot of the new do-it-yourself carwashes have one hiding around where the vacuums are...

Fabreeze it.

Gumby said:
Fabreeze or Maguire's pet smell deoderant

gets my vote.

nature's miracle is a joke, in my eyes -- it masks the smell, and it comes right back -- :(

i would try to steam it out, too, then disguise it with the deodorants --

-- or your brother can just get a dog -- :D

e

I was told by a detail guy to put a pie pan full of ammonia in a smelly car for couple of warm days. Let it air out and febreze it. I dont know if it works or not.

beaufort-fj60 said:
i bet the dogs pissed on the seats.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I cleaned the seats. The headliner. The vents. The carpets. The seat backs.

I hate this car.

Fromage said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I cleaned the seats. The headliner. The vents. The carpets. The seat backs.

I hate this car.

is it just the rear seat? try pulling out the bottom bench and take it to a spray and wash and blast it scub it soak it blast it scub it blast it. then let it dry over a few days out in the sun.

My Suburban's PO had dogs also. The smell was so bad my son used to gag sitting in the back. It's still reeks after numberous attempts to get rid of it. Maybe new interior?:crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom