1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Five New Tires Gratis

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by greytandy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. greytandy

greytandy

Media:
    Albums:
    Took it in for the recall yesterday and just found out we're getting five new ones. Guess they saw something they didn't want to risk. Anybody else had theirs replaced?

2. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago. They only had 4 though, so they owe me a spare when we go in for our next service interval.

3. justinh

justinh

They are replacing these due to a mounting issue, correct? The Dueler HT's on my Tacoma (I think some FJs were also equipped with these) have serious chunking even though they have never been on anything other than gravel and dirt (no rock crawling no spinning, etc). They also look dry rotted in places.

4. Brazenhead

Brazenhead

Was just notified today that my FJ is one of the 9000. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that all five gotta go. Then i'll be driving straight to the tire shop and getting rid of them.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">