Georgia Traverse - Feb 2-4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If Forest is going, I need to be there to bail him out, so got no choice, got to go.

Seriously, last time I went was during the large fires, lots of areas closed as well. Just need to have good situational awareness and flexibility. Might be more "into the woods" than "fully developed" camping, so plan accordingly. I still plan on finding you all and joining Saturday.

No hot shower for me!

26805192_1954280041566725_5601048298875718743_n.png

Those FS roads will not likely close or get gated. I don't think they did last time there was a Fed shutdown. Too many people live up there and need the access. I'm interested in the trip but not sure if the calendar is clear.

Looking to make the trip; any potential agenda yet? Specifically what time and where to meet on Friday and are we looking to have a base camp or pack and run daily?

Are we doing group meals ,or fend for yourself?

Looking to make the trip; any potential agenda yet? Specifically what time and where to meet on Friday and are we looking to have a base camp or pack and run daily?
We are are overlanding bro, so grab your flat brim and be ready to find a different campsite each night. Emphasis on "find" since we have scattered options but dont know how efficient out progress will be.

Early Friday morning start was the initial plan and I would still like to get some distance the first day.
Burrells Ford Campground will be our ralley point. With some folks coming in from further out, plan to start the route at noon. I will aim to be there around 11 and eat lunch.
Burrells Ford Campground Parking Area

Google Maps

From there we play gypsy until Sunday and see if we can run into Alabama before heading home.

If anyone coming from the south or east wants to meet at the Pilot at Hwy 11 and I26 to convoy, let me know. It is 1.5 hours from there and we will top off fuel closer to the meetup.

Last edited:
I like It better when you guys feed me .

I like It better when you guys feed me .
I will let you borrow my wild edibles book if you get desperate. Late winter sucks for much else than tubers though.

Will be roughing it at the Grove Park Inn up in Asheville that weekend attending a church Leadership retreat.....you guys be safe and stay warm! Looks like a great group going!

Nice score on the maps. I'm hoping to make this trip. NE GA has always been a favorite motorcycle area for me. Great roads and scenery, so I'd imagine great trails.
Booo! For CEL. EGR codes seem most common, maybe an O2 if you're lucky.
Was lucky, it was an O2 sensor. Was unlucky, after a week of applying PB Blaster, and then some heat before attempting, both studs twisted off and are frozen in the bung. In panic mode now, looks like I have to pay the piper and find an exhaust shop before next Friday.

Last edited:
One week away! Weather looks great for most of the weekend. Friday's chances of rain are mainly for the morning and should clear out by late afternoon, if we get anything at all. This means some puddles to splash in and no dust!
2018-01-26_081910.jpg

Friday at noon, depart Burrell's Ford Campground parking area. A few campsite options depending on how much time we make. Top of GA Hostel is $40/night with breakfast, everything else is a couple bucks or we find a free spot. We will figure it out as we go.

I will be running 2M radio on 146.460. CB and/or FRS users can link up prior to departure. We have one chainsaw commitment, and everyone is encouraged to bring some firewood just in case.

Pot luck Friday night dinner, pack to be self sufficient otherwise. There are fuel stops along the route.

I have 2 stickers reserved for each attendee. No obligation to purchase, and any surplus will be made available to anyone wanting more. $3ea or 2/$5. One is being sent to the guy that put the route together along with a donation, and I encourage anyone that benefits from his site to throw a few bucks his way too. Let him know you are with Upstate Cruisers. Donate to Georgia Overland

I know I am forgetting something else and will update as needed. Looking forward to it!

Looks like a great group (let me know if I left you out):
@AJR
@forrest5000
@Izzyandsue maybe connect on Saturday
@FrackMacker
@IcutYourCruiser
@Salty Dog
@ceby
@Trollhole
@aquatech3
@Twinair

Lookers:
@pondjumpr
@BillWright
@CharlestonG8R
@BMThiker

Last edited:
David Giguere, the owner/developer of GA Overland is a friend of mine.
After next week I will let you know whether to punch him or shake his hand for me.

Sunday fun day. Last weekend day to get your PMs done. Check your fluids and check your nuts (steering knuckle at least).

Took a break from pacing in anticipation of handing the keys over for repairs to squirt some paladium in the birfs. Relived the olden years of safety wire application to hold the o2 sensor on in the mean time and shed the passenger slider. Just for fun I ran the new GPS app to the parts store.

Screenshot_2018-01-27-17-56-40~2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom