Gentex Mirror Temperature Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Hi Gents,

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Some more pics on the gentex rearview mirror

FJ80 Rear View Mirror Gentex Intall with pics

I have had mine installed for awhile and everything works great EXCEPT every so often the temperature reading goes to 41 degrees randomly and stays there for a bit and then goes back to actual temp. Has anyone else experienced this? I got the mirror used with a used sensor. I am guessing it is a sensor issue but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? I did use some crimp connectors on the sensor connection so am wondering if that might be the issue. I know the electrical charge coming from that sensor is very small and probably sensitive to resistance.

Noah

I would wiggle wire to sensor and see if it says 41, my guess is you have a loose connection.

does anyone know if 41 degrees is the default mode for this rear view mirror? ie: goes to 41 when not getting a temp signal?
I don't, but that would be my guess. The sensor and unit aren't talking and it's just displaying the default.

well I soldered one crimp connection I found, not sure if I used any others, guess I will wait to see if it happens again, I am guessing the crimp connectors may be effecting the very small voltage going through these wires, that or a bad sensor.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom