Gauge cluster (Part # 83100-60180) compatibility w/ my '71 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1602310874034.png

1602310917668.png

1602310990433.png

Last edited:
i offer the Round Cluster Meter 60180 New Barrel Connectors & the 3Pin needed Service Spec. Connector too ....

please send me a PM , i can help get you on the right path related to Painless and my 100 % Period Correct OEM-Type Cluster Service Spec. Connector Plugs , and there Color Code Tracer Stripes Wires / Leeds

So what do I need to buy to make this change besides your barrel connection? New sending units for oil, fuel and temp?

So you would rather have a worthless 50 Amp Ammeter then a voltmeter that comes on almost every modern car? ok.

Ammeters became obsolete with new alternator charging systems. If you still have a generator, an ammeter would be the way to go.

Perhaps you mis understood. I like a regular ammeter to measure ACTUAL current flow. I also like a voltmeter to measure alternator charging. In the 50 amp FJ40 ammeter was really not measuring full current. It was a shunt. Cheaper and easier to make. Problem with these is components age over time and become not anywhere near allowing actual current reading. I have seen on later FJ40s the amp gauge hardly move. Using a current probe it was 15 plus amps.

Here is from your own article you linked.
Amperage.PNG

Wish I would have read this a few days ago! This just happened to me. Bought a new 50 ammeter speedometer for my 78 to swap out the old one that was 30 Km/h. Installed new one, then turned on ignition switch to ACC and the ammeter started to smoke immediately!! Uuuggh!!. Immediately turned off ignition switch and put the old one back in. Now I’m getting major fluid leak below the water pump.

ToyotaMatt
I ordered a set of these. Hope you have included some type of instructions. Looking forward to getting them.

Have receieve your oder

i hand make each one to your paticualr production ate land cruiser

ALL WIRES are Labled PER and same in kind as the corosponding EWD for that year

What year is your truck ?

if you DO NOT have a FSM EWD manual , time to find one that suits you best

Pm me any further questions Please , as always im here to help ...

thanks

this is My version of Cluster Meter Reality , and barrel plug lay out ...........

DSCN4855.JPG
DSCN4856.JPG
DSCN4857.JPG
DSCN4858.JPG
DSCN4867.JPG

Have receieve your oder

i hand make each one to your paticualr production ate land cruiser

ALL WIRES are Labled PER and same in kind as the corosponding EWD for that year

What year is your truck ?

if you DO NOT have a FSM EWD manual , time to find one that suits you best

Pm me any further questions Please , as always im here to help ...

thanks

this is My version of Cluster Meter Reality , and barrel plug lay out ...........

View attachment 2784637View attachment 2784638View attachment 2784639View attachment 2784640View attachment 2784641
Fantastic!! My truck is a '78. I'm new on MUD so need to know how to PM you?

Fantastic!! My truck is a '78. I'm new on MUD so need to know how to PM you?

i use a desk top or tablet not a cell phone 99+% of the time

u have a tablet or mouse now in hand >?

So, to revive an old thread. The 83100-60180 clusters are still available.

Has anyone bought one and just used parts to refurb old cluster? Curious how much I could use. Have had mine apart and just like the rest of a 40, you can unbolt the cluster into a lot of little parts.

Thinking of a franken cluster to avoid incompatible speedo connection and 50amp guage issue.

Any one tried this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom