FZJ-80 Transfer Case Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders,

I've searched quite a bit, but have not found my answer. On my 1997 FZJ-80, the transfer case has a mount on the passenger side on the TC that is not being used.

Seems to me that this would be important, but am being told by another LC owner that this isn't needed and he removed his too???

The vibration @ the H/L selector in the cab on the HWY is very noticable. Other than the vibration, no other symptoms.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Josh

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 9.35.51 AM.png

It's different in that it's just to take up harmonic vibrations. You see them on exhaust sometimes. It is not meant to mount to anything else, like an actual mount would. You know how a steel pipe sounds when you drop it? Now imagine a 1 pound block of lead attached to the pipe - much quieter. That's all this is really doing.

Ah, yes, the dynamic damper! I have heard of such a device.

In this case, wow, it sure looked like it was meant to attach to the frame. Wonder what used to be mounted on the frame... (empty, threaded, holes)

Thanks for the help with this.

I thought I was the only crazy one! :D But the real reason I was under there was to look at the transmission mount on the crossmember. Easy to replace!

Video here:
Part number (FZJ80) is: Rear Mount - Toyota (12371-66030)
Partsouq link to mounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom