Funky Body Stripes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dynosoar

Slightly Disturbed
SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know if the funky body stripes were a factory, port, or dealer instal. I have seen many variations. I will try to post a picture of the ones that came on my 60 tonight.

Dynosoar

these were OEM
stick.JPG

above is OEM......but not in the US.......all US graphics or pin stripes were dealer, port or PO installed.

i think they're cool in an 80's kinda way.

anyone know if you can still order them?

bigbrown said:
anyone know if you can still order them?

I ask for a 70 serie stripes at my local Toyota dealer and the price was $$$CRAZY$$$. To much crazy for a think I can't see when I'm in my Cruiser ;).

But... it's look cool.

Tink, that is possible. But I think it looks good. Maybe all the ones I've seen were done well, but it looks good on the right color.

Here's a pic of my rig with the wood grain...Yes, they are decals and I have heard they were a dealer option.
Unfortunately, when I start with the body work, they will have to go. Ive got some NASTY cancer on the pass. rear door, where Im gonna have to replace the whole thing. Its a bummer, cuz I really like the decals. :crybaby:

Chicago
blotchrs5.jpg

I looked in to having the OEM style stripes done. +$$$

Factory strips on my fathers 1987 FJ60

driverside.jpg

Woody look

I had the wood pannel decals on my 60 when I first brought it home, it had written "Trim-Line" at one end.
Just like "chicago" I removed mine in order to address some rust issues.
I considered reproducing and thought about using "Mac-tac" which you could probably find at the local hardware store, it's the stuff used to line your kitchen cupboards, it comes in big rolls and because it's not specialized for automotive use, it's dirt cheap.
1983 BJ60 back in 97 with 31s.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom