Full Front Floor Pan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased the cruiser heaven one back in September, unfortunately I haven't received it yet, but it just landed stateside. I'll let you know the fit once it arrives. What I appreciate about the photos is that it appears to be true to spec and original forming. Some of the other ones I have seen out there have the floorplans in segments and the bends aren't perfect.

Not sure if you ordered this watergoblin, but one thing to note is that the cruiserheaven floor pans are 18 gauge instead of 16 gauge like OEM. I didn't realize this when I ordered and noticed immediately once it arrived. The other thing that I was not super happy about is how the photos show the rear bed pan & mid bed pan as one single sheet that has been bent, but that is not the case, the rear bed ban has been joined with the mid bed pan, and not cleanly... they lay it on top and weld from underneath, it doesn't look great and leaves you with a gap along the entire seam.

So at the moment, I'm sitting on replacing the floor pans because I don't know how I feel about the quality of these floors...

Thought I would throw an update here. I ended up installing the rear floor so far. The quality difference is noticeable, and in retrospect I would have ordered either the Cool Cruisers or Real Steel pans. Oh well... gotta work with what you've got! That said, the fit for the rear pan is pretty spot on, no install issues outside of the length of the rear pan being longer.

I'm insane and cut out the rear floor pan up to the channel, then cut the front floor pan right up against the spot welds so that I could cut them out. WTF am I doing? I don't know either.

1659667735245.png

Removed the front floor pan where the rear pan meets it for the pinch weld.

1659667832476.png

Prepped, primed, and painted the chassis

1659667891715.png

Half way in with the (s***ty) welds. I ran out of time about halfway through. This weekend I'm hoping to finish up the floor pan. Then I can go back and remove the rear sill body mounts and replace the rear sill. Then it is onward to the front. I had to be careful and not remove too many of the body mount points at once.

1659667938631.png

Welds look great! Scenery nice too. Lots of empty spaces in cali?

Welds look great! Scenery nice too. Lots of empty spaces in cali?
Thank you, first time I have ever welded, but my brother is helping me out. Depends on where you're at - I'm in San Diego county, lots of open space east.

What does QC Doodle think of your work? Quality Control, that is🤔
QC Doodle was not amused - he said "it took you 8 hours to do this!?"

Just going to throw another update in here. The cruiser heaven rear bed pan has officially fit. It did require hammering and cutting, but it wasn’t too bad.

One challenge I am running into is that the body mounts labeled “4” on the energy suspension kit are too short and do not reach the floor pan. I’m going to have to go and purchase some quarter in steel and slide them in until it reaches.. I’m a bit worried about that.

Rear sill from ccot was installed this weekend - the fit was pretty dang close, required a small amount of grinding and one of their body mount bolt holes was drilled about 3/8 off. Door fit, so far I’m really satisfied.

The thickness I was worried about before I don’t think is a huge deal given the amount of welds. That’s said, I would still have gone with real steal in retrospect.

AD6AB3E9-8C42-4640-95B3-00EFDEC44E3C.jpeg
4A7CD48B-EDCB-418B-BA5A-E6FF8D693195.jpeg

Just now got back to seeing this. Thanks for all the info! I haven't ordered anything yet. How I got to where I'm at now is I hired a friend who had a body shop replace my floor. He put in a real crappy front floor pan that warped and really wasn't even close to original. He cut out the back floor board and I guess didn't brace up the tub, so when he welding it back in, the tops of the tub fell inwards. Now my ambulance doors don't fit. Granted, my rig is sure not perfect, actually a little of a Frankenstein rig, but I've tried to keep it close to factory. So I don't even have a front floor board to patch. I'm really discouraged and trying to get back in the mood to tackle it. Not to mention, 1900 for a floor pan is quite a bit for me. I've been scalded once for trying to be on the cheap, I don't want to have that happen again, so maybe it's CCOT. I guess either pay now or pay later. I thought about another tub, but my tub is great except for what he messed up.

Ah yikes - did he remove both the front and rear pans at the same time? I left one of the channels in place as my support and only removed the rear. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to approach the front, but I figure with the rear in place, I should be ok to remove the entire front at once, not certain though...

As far as quality goes, in hindsight i would have purchased it all from real steel most likely and paid the extra bucks. They have thicker OEM style steel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom