Fuel Tank Pressure and Leaking Gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an 86 FJ60 and I have the V120 and the old canister side-by-side here. Two of the top ports are labeled, so that's easy. The 3rd went the routing you see in the next photo - my hand is on the hose that attached to the 3rd port.

Then - check out the bottom of the canisters. Clearly a line coming from (or going to?) the tank, and into the bottom of the OEM. What do I do with these two leftover lines??

mcmain0121, did you have any additional info after not plugging that one bottom line?
LC Canisters Top.jpg
LC Canisters Bottom.jpg
LC Canisters 3rd Line.jpg

The switched hose on the top of the tank goes to the carb. When the truck is running, the carb will draw vapor from the cannister into the combustion cycle. This hose will not be used, just make sure you cap it off completely.

The vent hose on the bottom of the OEM CC goes away...however the replacement does have a provision for a vent (at least mine does). It's an open ring around the bottom...if you get excess tank pressure then fuel will flow out of this ring.

Thanks for that info! Mine has a spinning bottom section- I guess that's the"ring"? It's the same diameter as the canister itself. I'll plug the switched hose. Got a 75 mile road trip ahead - I hope this worked!

No additional information yet. That is kind of on the back burner at the moment. My rig started some issue where it would out of the blue not want to start. Guess the vac canister has something to do with it? Not sure. I ran the V120 for a while, 2-3 months no problem. I got my hands on a couple used good canisters, so Im going to install one here soon once Im done recovering from ankle surgery. I was told by Georg at Vally Hybrids that I would want to have a correct one hooked up at least for smog purposes, if not for helping it make all the connections that its supposed to have.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom