Fuel supply problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellas, I have a problem I need help with. My 100 series 1hz non turbo is only squirting fuel from 4 of the 6 ports on the pump. The other 2 have little or no fuel coming out. What could be the problem. It starts and idles but won't rev out. I run bio diesel and wonder if this has a bearing on it. John

Bio fuel will have nothing to do with this.
Change your fuel filter, a clogged fuel filter will not let enough fuel through to supply all of the injectors.
Those ports are the fuel lines. There is one for each cylinder.
Then check your injector pump to make sure it is working properly and putting out the proper fuel pressure. I do not know how to do that on this engine.

Hi fellas, I have a problem I need help with. My 100 series 1hz non turbo is only squirting fuel from 4 of the 6 ports on the pump. The other 2 have little or no fuel coming out. What could be the problem. It starts and idles but won't rev out. I run bio diesel and wonder if this has a bearing on it. John
Thanks for your reply, I have bypassed the filter, so it's not that. The injector pump people want $1500 to sort the pump out, won't give you a firm price. They say this senario is unusual.

Can you get a used injector pump? Do you have a friend you can swap injector pumps with for diagnostics?

I have a coaster bus I could swap with but seeing as the pump is not pumping properly the problem is obviously with the pump.I was hoping to find out what this problem might be before I get a fully record one for big bucks. John

Did you by-pass the fuel filter just to diagnosis this problem or has it been by-passed for a long time?

When did you last service the fuel pump? Just get the injector pump calibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom