fuel sock in tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 91 that I'm working on a friend told me I didn't have to replace the fuel sock just take it off and not use one cause gas in the U.S. is clean and the 91 already has a filter. just need some other input. thanks

I have a 91 that I'm working on a friend told me I didn't have to replace the fuel sock just take it off and not use one cause gas in the U.S. is clean and the 91 already has a filter. just need some other input. thanks

Wow.

Never heard that one before.

Can't imagine not replacing it if you're in there anyway.

Your friend is wrong.
I have my sock on another thread which shows why it's needed. Sorry on my phone or else I would link it

It would seem the fuel tank sock is to prevent debris from clogging the fuel pump and the engine bay fuel filter is to prevent any debris that gets by the sock from clogging the injectors. I'd say they're both important filters.

Kick your friend in the nuts the next time he tries to tell you anything about your 80:D
I don't think it needs to be replaced as PM, but if it's damaged/broken, then you should put in a new one. Debris can get in there from other sources like gas cans. Someone on MUD had numerous clogs after a refurbished Nato gas can that had been painted on the inside:confused: had all the paint get stripped by the gas and the paint chips/flakes wound up in the tank plugging his system badly.

Thanks, order a new one from napa and on a side note the friend is a master technician from the local chev.dealership.

Thanks, order a new one from napa and on a side note the friend is a master technician from the local chev.dealership.

Well, maybe Chevy's aren't as bad as I thought. I guess it's the f'ing mechanics that made them unreliable:hillbilly:

Follow this thread:https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/737901-how-fuel-pump-install-plus-upgrade.html

Here is exactly why you need to change the sock:
attachment.php

Kick your friend in the nuts the next time he tries to tell you anything about your 80:D
I don't think it needs to be replaced as PM, but if it's damaged/broken, then you should put in a new one. Debris can get in there from other sources like gas cans. Someone on MUD had numerous clogs after a refurbished Nato gas can that had been painted on the inside:confused: had all the paint get stripped by the gas and the paint chips/flakes wound up in the tank plugging his system badly.

Dis is sum funny shiznit! Dis made my morning!

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

NLXTACY thanks for the thread one question why can't you reuse the banjo fitting?

Sorry why can't you use the crush washers? air/leaks?

Believe it's a disposable one use item. Crush once and done. May get away with a second time, but we are talking about a cheap washer here. Why not replace.

O.K. thanks I'm picking up the sock Sat. and just want to make sure I pick-up anything else I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom