Fuel injector wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Car Guy

Wasted talent.
Threads

After this saga ^^^ appears to be completely over and done with, hopefully..... I'm curious if anybody else has experienced a failed fuel injector wiring harness. The original harness, wires, clips felt VERY dried out and crispy. After much post-thought I’m certain a big contribution factor is the engine cover retaining too much heat. Great during the winter for warming the engine quicker but the flipside is that area gets too hot during the summer.

Fortunately new harnesses are available and only ~$50 each side. After assessing the situation and as a precaution, both sides got replaced. Along with all new injector O-rings. * The wiring harness can only be removed after pulling the injector rails and injectors. Not difficult but a pain considering how full of dirt this area and its crevasses get. However, considering how cooked these wires get I might consider replacing these as ‘long term preventative maintenance’ to any 200 series owner.

How many miles on your truck? And where was it owned for most of its history?

190k and mostly in the SE region. I’ve only seen a similar sitation on a couple older vehicles I worked on in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom