Fuel Fill Line? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Day Mud,

So today I was fueling, and noticed a smell of gas, stronger than normal. I checked under the FZJ, and noticed a slow drip of fuel. Upon looking, I determined that my fuel fill line is rusted through, and starting to leak. The factory lines are no longer sold by Toyota, so I was wondering if I could replace that whole line with hose type fuel fill line, or if I should just try to cut the rusted segment out and replace a short length? As always, thank you for any help you provide, I will try to post an update once I resolve this issue.

Thanks again,

Jay

Not sure if they are still doing it since they got out of the exhaust business, but @OTRAMM was making a stainless replacement tube at one point.

Jason
We stopped the entire fab side of the business. Thanks for thinking of us though.

Bummer. It was really nice and I am glad I bought that SS fill tube when I did...
I just purchased all the fuel lines (qty 3) from my local Lexus dealer.

I just purchased all the fuel lines (qty 3) from my local Lexus dealer.

He is talking about the steel filler tube. For east coast guys they rust out and leak fuel.

Cheers

I guess it’s a good thing I ordered one years ago. IIRC, it was spendy. I’ve had a hole in mine that has just gotten worse and worse over the years.

D5F35359-A2B4-4335-951B-6AA0AA011509.jpeg

@Jaymes : you could try @Deathvalleypaul in the Classifieds Section (parts or parting out) for a rust free used pipe.

He may have one, shipping could be steep to Alaska however.

Some people have cut out the rusted section and replaced it with
fuel rated hose, maybe using two clamps on each end as the cut out section will not have flared ends.

FWIW

Good Day Mud,

Thank you all for the replies. I recently traded in my fzj-80 for a kzj-95. The place I traded it in to was going to auction it. I fully disclosed all the issues it had. That truck still drove wonderfully, but the salt had finally defeated me (brake lines, fuel fill tube, roof leak, and many other minor problems that added up).

I hear you. Dealing with all the same right now. Not a fun task.😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom