FS 1982 fj43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Power steering and disc brakes plus factory (or very good repro) carpet!

You don't see that every day on the Colombian Cruisers,to bad they left 4 bald tires on it

Joe

I think it went for $30,000. Strong price for that truck. IMHO buyer is paying for the model year and the fact it is an FJ43 not the condition which I don't see as very good. 1982 is hard to source right now in Colombia. They are going up in price and the condition is getting worse. If I were to nitpick that truck there are a lot of items that needed to be addressed like the tires, exhaust, worn top and honestly I look at trucks all day with paint like that. Looks good in photos and not that great up close. Then again the buyer can afford to put $10,000 in it for paint etc and still have a very nice truck and a very good long term investment.

I will sell 5 FJ43s this year from Colombia in the $30,000 to hopefully $60,000 range. I have 2 getting ready for the auctions. I have a red 1982 FJ43 that is getting a total repaint. The truck in my avatar photo is my 1981 FJ43 that I sold already.

Here is my 82 FJ43. We did a comprehensive frame on restoration taking apart nearly the entire truck yet leaving the motor in it. We use PPG or Dupont paint and I oversee the Colombian paint job. The Colombians can do amazing work if challenged and paid correctly to do it.

This truck still needs some finishing touches. Having put a ton of miles on several FJ43s they really are special in that the ride is much smoother and the overall size is perfect (the FJ40s are fun too!).

IMG_4442.JPG
IMG_4443.JPG
IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG

@ chas404, I think you should not talk withput seeing the truck. especially if you offer trucks with out frame off restorations and 20 days turn around.
the red truck sold for 30k and the redtoration tag was 25k usd 5 years ago (frame off by he way). I think his truck went at very good price and was restored by.the same guy that restored the 110k at mecum a few weeks back in Bogota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom