Front windows just quit working...?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 1997 80 series both of my front windows just recently quit working...at the same time... but only from the driver's master switch. They work from every other switch. So, naturally, I replaced the master switch. Alas, it didn't fix the problem!! Is there, by chance, a hidden fuse or something for just the front two windows on the master switch? Everything else works from it and everything works from all the other door controllers. I'm wondering if a wire (or wires rather) got pinched or something, I just have no idea where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also looking for aftermarket rear window louver (left side) for my 1997 80 series. Thanks in advance!!

On my 1997 80 series both of my front windows just recently quit working...at the same time... but only from the driver's master switch. They work from every other switch. So, naturally, I replaced the master switch. Alas, it didn't fix the problem!! Is there, by chance, a hidden fuse or something for just the front two windows on the master switch? Everything else works from it and everything works from all the other door controllers. I'm wondering if a wire (or wires rather) got pinched or something, I just have no idea where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also looking for aftermarket rear window louver (left side) for my 1997 80 series. Thanks in advance!!

Check the plugs and unplug them and spray some Deoxit on both sides

I suggest you take the master switch apart and clean everything in there with electric contact cleaner. A little light sanding of the contacts won't hurt either.

I think there's some write-ups or videos on YouTube. Although you don't really need it. Just open the switch over a shoe box so you collect all the springs and contacts.

A word of caution do not take the window lock button out and try to keep it in tact. There is a spring on that and it's not easy to get that set back in there properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom