Front Speakers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got it, missed that on those model, was searching all day for 2ohm for factory drop in... which might change anway if you can take a look at my nav screen post a min ago Rob... I see that you seem to have a lot of experience on the forum, not sure what to do overall, thanks man!

What is everyone with tweeters in the door doing with those? Are you disconnecting them? It seems like having highs coming from both tweeters and the other speakers would destroy sound quality. Or is there a resistor blocking high frequencies from the mid-bass drivers like the one that blocks lows from the tweeters? If there's a resistor blocking high frequencies, why not use straight 6.5" drivers?

Those of you who've upgraded your speakers to the Infinity 6030cs -- Are you happy with them?

I was mobbing down the freeway last night with all the windows open, blasting the stereo and whaddya know I ended up blowing the crummy 11yr old paper cone speakers in the front doors and now need to replace them. As crappy as everyone says it is, I found the OEM stereo in my 02 to be far superior to any of my past vehicles - so I don't need an amazing upgrade, just something affordable to get me on my way since I've got NAV and will never be able to fully upgrade the stereo system.

After reading all the speaker threads and checking online, I think I've narrowed it down to the 2ohm Infinity Reference 6030cs component system - it's affordable, supposedly fits with modifying the stock plastic cradle, replaces the tweeters, has a crossover, and matches the 2ohm stock system -- pretty much everything I'm seeking for an almost direct replacement. Although others said they were happy with 4ohm Polks, or the Infinity 6030si/cf models, I don't think I'll be going that route since they don't match impedence or don't have separate tweeters - just want opinions on the 6030cs since there don't seem to be as many rigs running this speaker swap.

So I just wanted to clarify here. I have a 2003 LX with the ML system. If I find the Infinity Reference 6032si speakers what will I need to do to install them?

Thanks for any help, I'm new to all this.

Had blown out and disintegrated speakers, based on this threat and Crutchfield advice, went with the speakers below. The volume with the stock amp (2004 with JBL and NAV) is better than stock were (even when they were good),with the 2.7ohm impedance playing well with the stock amp, and the sound quality is much better than before. The treble is much better than the stock tweeters, so had to tone that down on the equalizer, but were straight forward to install and big easy improvement:

Front:
Infinity Primus PR6500cs 6-1/2
Infinity Primus PR6500cs
Rear:
Infinity Primus PR6512IS 6-1/2
Infinity Primus PR6512is

Had blown out and disintegrated speakers, based on this threat and Crutchfield advice, went with the speakers below. The volume with the stock amp (2004 with JBL and NAV) is better than stock were (even when they were good),with the 2.7ohm impedance playing well with the stock amp, and the sound quality is much better than before. The treble is much better than the stock tweeters, so had to tone that down on the equalizer, but were straight forward to install and big easy improvement:

Front:
Infinity Primus PR6500cs 6-1/2
Infinity Primus PR6500cs
Rear:
Infinity Primus PR6512IS 6-1/2
Infinity Primus PR6512is

So did you have to modify or cut out the old mount? Or did they just go straight in?

I can follow instructions, but a lot of the customization was more that I wanted to take on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom