Front Runner Wind Deflector / 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THF

Threads
Does Front Runner make a proper wind deflector for LC 200 Series that fits the Slimline II rack? I've only seen them for other makes/models...and the baby deflector that comes w/ the Slimline II.
Thanks.

Reactions: THF
Does Front Runner make a proper wind deflector for LC 200 Series that fits the Slimline II rack? I've only seen them for other makes/models...and the baby deflector that comes w/ the Slimline II.
Thanks.

Frontrunner makes a proper deflector, but currently out of stock - find it here: Frontrunner Wind Fairing

1619398102357.png

HTH

Reactions: THF
As gaijin posted, you'll have to buy the separate Front Runner wind fairing--one thing to note is that the wind fairing linked above is the correct one recommended for the 1255mm width racks, which is the 200 series. However, with the recommended fairing there will be gaps of a few inches on each side of it (with the edge of the rack) as it is only 1091mm in width. If you want one that fits edge to edge of the rack you actually want the fairing that is for the 1345mm/1425mm racks. Front Runner will tell you it won't fit, but it does and it's perfect.

932Rvs5h.jpg

QVxfiUvh.jpg

U7yw4Nuh.jpg

Last edited:
As gaijin posted, you'll have to buy the separate Front Runner wind fairing--one thing to note is that the wind fairing linked above is the correct one recommended for the 1255mm width racks, which is the 200 series. However, with the recommended fairing there will be gaps of a few inches on each side of it (with the edge of the rack) as it is only 1091mm in width. If you want one that fits edge to edge of the rack you actually want the fairing that is for the 1345mm/1425mm racks. Front Runner will tell you it won't fit, but it does and it's perfect.

Thanks @HSTexan
I got my rack & rails but have to keep my eyes open for that wind fairing. Can’t find stock anywhere.
EDA67002-4FE2-4A1D-BE47-AF2777EC9230.jpeg

@HSTexan is there any whistling or new noises coming from the wider fairing? It definitely looks better edge to edge.

@HSTexan is there any whistling or new noises coming from the wider fairing? It definitely looks better edge to edge.

I didn't get any noticeable whistling; with any full rack you'll get a certain amount of slight wind noise, but to me it seemed quieter than just using the small under mounted one. It also made the sunroof 100% more useable

I got the Front Runner Slimline II Low Profile version, on a LC200. I tried it without the wind deflector, which was another $200+ if I recall just to see the difference, and literally the LC was undriveable with the vibration and noise of the wind from about 45-50mph.
I added the wind deflector after that short test drive and it made a massive difference, I wouldnt drive with a roof rack without one! Plus it just looks a whole lot better and cleaner look

You can search not just Front Runner but all over the internet, somewhere will have it

Thanks for responding!

I have a slim line FR rack on my LX. One of the under mounted deflectors/fairings fell off because the bolts came loose. I still have the deflector but not bolts. Instead of replacing the bolts, I was thinking to upgrade to a better performing fairing. I would rather have it go edge to edge without gaps at the end.

I am concerned bc FR recommends the shorter version and was wondering what real life testing was like with the better/wider one.

Thanks for responding!

I have a slim line FR rack on my LX. One of the under mounted deflectors/fairings fell off because the bolts came loose. I still have the deflector but not bolts. Instead of replacing the bolts, I was thinking to upgrade to a better performing fairing. I would rather have it go edge to edge without gaps at the end.

I am concerned bc FR recommends the shorter version and was wondering what real life testing was like with the better/wider one.
Well this is what I have, it’s pretty wide for the LC200, I can look up the exact part in my order
But here’s some pics and it’s great

69DDE0D7-FBA2-4787-BE69-6236762BA5D6.jpeg

B8C94E90-FAA3-47D1-B050-2C704C10157B.jpeg

932Rvs5h.jpg

QVxfiUvh.jpg

U7yw4Nuh.jpg
This looks perfect! If you look at the photo I just posted you’ll see the gap he’s talking about! I would prefer no gap, as I don’t see why it needs such a large gap to fit, and would probably reduce even more wind noise and debris interfering with the rack

Do you have the address set number for this one?

Man I knew I should've double checked mud before I ordered, I don't even want to know how much return shipping might be for the smaller one 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom