Front Runner Slimline II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have the option of not putting any crossmembers in the slots over the sunroof.

Well, yes and no. The cross members are used as part of the front support system and the ones over the sun roof are the ones needed. I know this since I just extended the rack on the 200 to full length. I guess a picture would help. I'll add later.

Front Runner Outfitters is offering $100 off with purchase of a Slimline II rack and Feather Lite Roof Tent (which only weigh 88lbs.)
The Roof racks ship for free, so not sure if they are shipping the roof tent for free with the Rack but it is worth asking. If they are then score, if not then the $100 off nearly pays for the shipping on the Roof Tent.

Well, yes and no. The cross members are used as part of the front support system and the ones over the sun roof are the ones needed. I know this since I just extended the rack on the 200 to full length. I guess a picture would help. I'll add later.
Yes, I was thinking that the bulk of the sun roof might still be open. I am getting ready to put a full length on my UZJ100 and will experience the results firsthand. Looking forward to the pics your going to post. Thanks

Here are a few pics- she's dirty and its in the garage so not the best. You can see that those forward slats are a part of the support and really needed.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't see any fairings in the pictures. How is the wind noise?

I'm not following; if the rack is over the sunroof, can the sunroof still open? Or is there interference?

I think they are saying the sunroof is operational, but most of the opening is being blocked by the 3 slats. It's like having a window that faces a brick wall a few feet away.

I can also see in that first shot, the wind deflector that would appear to deflect wind into the cabin as opposed to up and above the rack. Not sure if I am seeing that correctly....

Front runner slimline 2 has two different offerings for the rail systems or it looks like thats the case:
KRTL028T has (2) bracket rails that attaches to the rack - http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/roof-racks/slimline-ii-roof-rack-kits.html
KRTL009T has the six separate feet brackets that attach to the rack - http://www.frontrunner.co.za/roof-r...ine-ii-full-rack-toyota-land-cruiser-200.html

Anyone have a clue whats up with that?
Is one no longer available or is one stronger (better weight distribution)
Any insight would be great
thanks

For those of you who want to know the difference between the two rack model #'s listed above, the difference is that the original system - KRT009T has been updated to the new system (format) KRT028T. Thanks

Front runner slimline 2 has two different offerings for the rail systems or it looks like thats the case:
KRTL028T has (2) bracket rails that attaches to the rack - http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/roof-racks/slimline-ii-roof-rack-kits.html
KRTL009T has the six separate feet brackets that attach to the rack - http://www.frontrunner.co.za/roof-r...ine-ii-full-rack-toyota-land-cruiser-200.html

Anyone have a clue whats up with that?
Is one no longer available or is one stronger (better weight distribution)
Any insight would be great
thanks

@Willy beamin,

The new foot rails we make for the 200 Series is quieter and stronger. The difference is every cross member will mount to the foot rail creating a stronger foundation whereas the old system only mounted to 6 feet. Both of our rack systems are still capable of 660lbs which is way more than you will ever need on the roof of your vehicle. You would just have to worry less about where the weight is on the new rack versus the old because there is almost no weak point on the rack now. Lastly, the foot rails do not allow air to flow back and fourth in between the feet like the old mounting system thus creating less wind noise.

Feel free to email me directly anytime if you have an questions.

Bryan
Bryan@FrontRunnerOutfitters.com

@Willy beamin,

The new foot rails we make for the 200 Series is quieter and stronger. The difference is every cross member will mount to the foot rail creating a stronger foundation whereas the old system only mounted to 6 feet. Both of our rack systems are still capable of 660lbs which is way more than you will ever need on the roof of your vehicle. You would just have to worry less about where the weight is on the new rack versus the old because there is almost no weak point on the rack now. Lastly, the foot rails do not allow air to flow back and fourth in between the feet like the old mounting system thus creating less wind noise.

Feel free to email me directly anytime if you have an questions.

Bryan
Bryan@FrontRunnerOutfitters.com
sent you an email.
Thank you for clarifying on all of the above. Make sense now.

Here you guys go. I just upgraded from the old feet to the new feet. BIG BIG difference. Trust me. Was about $350 if I recall. Cheers.

Ps. I am probably going to upgrade to stainless steel bolts, as there is a chemical reaction between the bolts FR (or anyone else) provides, that creates a yellow/brown residue on the threads that looks just like rust.

IMG_1086.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

Looks good.

The corrosion that you said looks like rust, actually is rust. Its called Galvanic Corrosion (in case anyone is wondering). It occurs where two metals come in contact with each other in the presence of an electrical contact (or electrolyte i.e. salt). The best way to prevent the corrosion is to use metals that are similar in their elctropotentials (i.e. keep carbon steel away from aluminum, copper, etc.) As a matter of fact, @pdxlc200 , even with mild steel paired with stainless, you can get galvanic corrosion. The best thing to do would be to find some zinc plated bolts, as they are electroplated and should do the best at preventing further corrosion. I could be wrong though. :smokin:

Edit:

I am assuming the rack is made of steel. If it is made of Aluminum, by all means keep Zinc away from it!!!

Here you guys go. I just upgraded from the old feet to the new feet. BIG BIG difference. Trust me. Was about $350 if I recall. Cheers.

Ps. I am probably going to upgrade to stainless steel bolts, as there is a chemical reaction between the bolts FR (or anyone else) provides, that creates a yellow/brown residue on the threads that looks just like rust.

View attachment 1057739 View attachment 1057740 View attachment 1057741
Where will the front of the rack end in relation to the sunroof? Are you able to move the slats backwards and forwards to allow full sunroof / unobstructed views? thank you

I really like that rack. I'm gonna get one.

In stock form, there are some rubber pieces that go in those grooves in the roof. Do those get reinstalled after rack installation? Or does the kit come with something else to take their place?

I really like that rack. I'm gonna get one.

In stock form, there are some rubber pieces that go in those grooves in the roof. Do those get reinstalled after rack installation? Or does the kit come with something else to take their place?

Re-installed.

^ That

and... @BryanFRO if you only wanted to have (2) slats in to mount a packasport (http://www.packasport.com/products) roof top box on the rack, would this be possible?

I see plenty of rack shots, none with roof top boxes.

Thanks.
Your looking at a set of load bars instead. We will have those kits available within the next 3-4 weeks. The product is on our next shipment.

Bryan

Your looking at a set of load bars instead. We will have those kits available within the next 3-4 weeks. The product is on our next shipment.

Bryan
Brian, when are you going to reopen your show room... I want to stop by and check them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom