Front recovery point help (with ARB Bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will new Trail Tailor recovery points solve my problem?

I have 06 LX470 and recently installed an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar.
Before I had the bumper, I was using recovery points purchased from Duiser that are 1/2 inch (?) bent steel.
I purchased the steel shim set from Trail Tailor, one skinny shim and one fat shim, and some longer Class 10.9 bolts from Fastenal. Those fit just fine.

The problem is, I still can't get the recovery points mounted. It looks like the Duiser recovery points are slightly wider by 5 mm or so than what will clear the ARB mounting plates. Pictures of Driver Side condition below.

Before I spend more cash for more recovery points, does anyone know the dimension of the Trail Tailor recovery points from Centerline of Bolt hole to edge of bent plate? Looks like the Duiser ones are about 41-42mm. Are the Trail Tailor ones narrower?
Or did I somehow install my ARB bumper slightly mis-aligned? Everything looks good around the bumper compared to the body panels. :meh:

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0046 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0055 - Copy.JPG

I believe you will need these two items:

I believe you will need these two items:

I already bought the spacers from Trail Tailor. You can just see them in the first photo. They are not thick enough to have the recovery point drop totally below the ARB bumper mount. That would require like 2-1/2 inches of spacers or something.

The recovery point still has to fit within the ARB mounting plates, on the sides of the recovery point. Anyone know if the Trail Tailer recovery point is overall narrower than my Duiser ones?

I already bought the spacers from Trail Tailor. You can just see them in the first photo. They are not thick enough to have the recovery point drop totally below the ARB bumper mount. That would require like 2-1/2 inches of spacers or something.

The recovery point still has to fit within the ARB mounting plates, on the sides of the recovery point. Anyone know if the Trail Tailer recovery point is overall narrower than my Duiser ones?

I'm familiar with both the complication of fitting a recovery bracket within the ARB "box", and the Duiser recovery brackets, they were too short and too wide for me to use after installing an ARB bumper, unless a spacer nearly as deep as the "box" was used.

My solution (prior to Trail Tailor releasing his recovery brackets) was:
Sorry, I don't have a Trail Tailor bracket to measure (and I see Trail Tailor has just checked in), but by all accounts on this site they reportedly fit ARB bumpers when used with the associated spacer

I have some Roadsafe recovery points on mine that fit perfectly with my ARB. I bought them through Marks4wd in Australia. Took abit to arrive but I preferred the design and an actually tested rating.
O9INohtbKYicdLXMIULGRplEZ77gl7ZDFrSJi4NmzDopX92IB.jpg

20180810_104752-1.jpg

RPPAT04.jpg

I'll measure a set tomorrow. Mine are a bit narrower than those pictured.

I've sold 40-50 of my spacer kits with my tow points and haven't heard of an install issue.

J

Right on. Thanks for looking into it Jason.

And thanks jLB and Madbodhi for the Marks4wd link.

Not exactly street legal. We did it NC style.

6DB9CDD6-6E7C-40D1-BB52-089EC3B0F48D.jpeg

points.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom