Front Panhard Install Help After Frame Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just slid my restored chassis back under the body. New Slinky Suspension Stage 4 70mm, axles were off and repainted/refreshed. Motor back in and body back on. Wheels on the ground.

And my Front Panhard doesn't want to line up. This is not a matter of left-to-right ratchet strap or steering it in place. My pinion angle is wrong with the driveshaft flange pointed UP too much. I thought once I bolted the drivetrain in and got the body on it would settle down a bit.

Any tips on getting her to settle in? Do I need to un-bolt the Radius Arms and then fight them instead?

Pics would help...

The pinion angle is set by the radius arms. There are many ways to fix your pinion angle, radius bushings, brackets, new radius arms.

So I just slid my restored chassis back under the body. New Slinky Suspension Stage 4 70mm, axles were off and repainted/refreshed. Motor back in and body back on. Wheels on the ground.

And my Front Panhard doesn't want to line up. This is not a matter of left-to-right ratchet strap or steering it in place. My pinion angle is wrong with the driveshaft flange pointed UP too much. I thought once I bolted the drivetrain in and got the body on it would settle down a bit.

Any tips on getting her to settle in? Do I need to un-bolt the Radius Arms and then fight them instead?
if you are using stock radius arms and no caster correction that will happen. You need to rotate the axle with caster correction to help line things back up. If you plan on using an ajustable front panhard bar get that and install it. You can always go back and dial it in afterwards.

I knew caster would be off with the new suspension. I have plans to get correct radius arms from Delta once I have the truck running and can get castor actually measured. I did not think that the Slinky 70mm lift would be enough to have me off by this much. But I’m sure it’s not helped by the fact that body is 98% empty/naked right now.

Guess I’ll leave the panhard off for now while I get her wired up and reassembled.

Double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom