Front Motor Mount Brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Welp, I guess I need to purchase front motor mount brackets for my project. The two I have don't see to work and I am thinking they might be off the 78 donor OR two of of the same side or both. They don't line up properly.

Anyone got some locally they'd be willing to part with? Or tell me what isn't right here?

IMG_20191026_153535.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get it. Same motor same frame??? How could it not fit? Do you need longer mounts coming off the engine? Could the frame have gotten tweaked so it is wider? :hmm::frown:

It is a 68 frame and a 78 2F. I assumed they were the same mount brackets, but sor.com sells different ones for each.

Maybe they're the wrong mounts? Or maybe I have two of one side? Idk

Need a pic from pass side. Looks like you have two driver's side engine brackets. Pass side is much bigger.

You need to talk to George about this. That engine needs to line up no matter what you do or this could be a problem down the whole drive train. It could be a simple fix or a real nightmare. My mounts for a 70 F look different. I think(?) they may have been modified but they have a rubber bushing on top of the riveted fixed frame mount and a bolt straight thru all.

Need a pic from pass side. Looks like you have two driver's side engine brackets. Pass side is much bigger.

I was afraid of that... but far more afraid of having to do more fab work.

IMG_20191026_153548.jpg

Yup. You pitched the pass side mount.

Bummer! I may have a couple odd brackets in the attic left over from my several 3FEs. I've got to start pulling camping gear down for my upcoming bull hunt so I'll look to see if I have anything that might work for you.

Thanks!🙂

The only one I have, I need to keep. I'll bet marksoffroad has a pile of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom